Chapter 8 - Blood Oath

8 Years Ago – Flashback - Ava's 18th Birthday - Ava's POV

Ava stared at her reflection in the mirror, as she smoothed down her stunning fitted red satin dress. The gown featured a daring V-plunge neckline, ending just above her navel. The fitted skirt hugged her hips and fell in a straight silhouette to the floor, with a side thigh high leg slit. She turned around, so she could see the back of her dress, which was backless, save for the lace-up spaghetti straps criss-crossing her toned back. It was a showstopper of a sexy dress. She had her platinum blonde hair tied up in her signature sleek power ponytail, with her long smooth pony cascading over one shoulder, which enabled a full view of her sexy toned back. She grinned at her image, she couldn't wait to see Caden's expression when he saw her in this dress, she was hoping to blow his mind tonight, both literally and figuratively. Tonight, was a special occasion, not only was it her 18th birthday, but this was the night they would give each other their virginity.

There was a knock at her door, she opened it find Caden standing there with a bouquet of wildflowers.

"Happy Birthday!" said Caden as he handed her the freshly picked flowers. It was a beautiful assortment of different coloured daisies, baby's breath, and blue violets. She chuckled at the image of her super masculine Alpha picking wildflowers. It was an oddly romantic gesture, that was very out of character for him.

"Fuck Ava, look how hot you look! You're going to give all the guys a heart attack tonight! " said Caden as he looked her over with an appraising eye and let out a wolf whistle.

Ava laughed, that was more the Caden she knew.

"You know there is only one wolf I'm out to impress tonight?" She said to him with a cheeky wink.

"Well let's get moving then, the sooner we get to your party, the sooner we can get to our own private after party. That's when I'll give you your real birthday present" he said with an eyebrow waggle as he held out his arm for her. She grabbed onto the arm of her old friend and they both laughed as they half ran to the pack function room. They were full high spirits; tonight was going to be fun!

Ava gasped as they entered the function room, she had never seen the space looking so beautiful. Blush pink, rose gold and silver balloons of all different sizes were arranged in artful garlands in every corner. The walls were covered in a curtain of fairy lights, which gave the feeling of walking into an ethereal wonderland. Giant number 18 digits in lights were positioned on a raised dais at the far wall, and a huge banner read "Happy 18th Birthday Ava!" in beautiful cursive font, bordered with pink glitter. There was a bar with pink champagne on ice and a special "Ava birthday martini cocktail" being served in cute crystal glasses. But the showstopper was a huge custom-made birthday cake, modelled off Ava in her wolf form. The cake maker had captured Ava's pure white wolf, and black dipped paws perfectly. It sat proudly as the centre piece of the food table, along with many other amazing looking canapes and hors d'oeuvres.

"On my goddess Caden, who did all of this?" asked Ava, as she spun around to take a look at the entire room.

"Who do you think?" said Caden as he nodded his head towards Christie. Christie was standing over by the gift table, carefully arranging all of Ava's gifts, so they looked just right. Christie looked up to see her older cousin Ava, and rushed over to her, throwing her arms around her to give her a birthday hug.

"Happy Birthday Ava! Do you like it?" Christie beamed at her.

"Are you kidding?! This is amazing, I can't believe you found the time to do all of this. Thank you so much! You're the best cousin in the world!" Ava said as she hugged her 14 year old cousin back. Christie blushed an adorable shade of pink.