23. Missed Me?

Taran doesn't know where Pari is. Has she ghosted him? Is it what he always thought what would happen? Or is she taking her own sweet time to understand his love and attraction towards her?

He just hopes it's the latter. Because now, he can't lose her. He can't live without her.

Their chats are dry, she hasn't replied to his messages like she used to do and from past three days, all have went unseen. The worst part is he is not getting the time to reach out to her because the dengue outbreak has created a havoc in the city. There are a huge number of patients, beds are completely occupied and no doctor is free. Taran isn't even getting some time to be with his mother, who is about to leave for Kashmir in next two days for a week long trip with her friends. She has been packing it all alone. He hates it when he becomes incapable of giving his time to his mother who deserves a lot more than that but he would make sure that he drops her to the airport himself. 

Only Neeti's reassuring messages are keeping him sane. She has told him that Pari is fine but has gone a little quite. She seems to be thinking a lot nowadays, rest everything is good. As much as he feels assure, Taran also feels scared about their relationship which hasn't even started properly. What if she ends up overthinking and refuses his advances? No! No! No! This wouldn't happen. She loves him and he has seen it and this time everything would be alright. No miscommunication, no assumptions and no vulnerabilities. He had seen in her eyes, her love for him, her blush, her touch, her gaze, everything screamed that she too loves him. But if things are good between them then what is bothering her now? Why is she silent? Why has she again went into her shell? 

"Hey champ! Kaisa hai?" Ayaan said as he barged into his office when he was least expecting him.

"What are you doing here? Weren't you on off for a week?" Taran quipped. Ayaan had been on holidays since he wanted to stay with Zainab and his family who were going to fly abroad soon and also their honeymoon was also in pipeline.

"I was bored at home." Ayaan replied which stunned him. How come the tables turned and he is already bored of his married life that too with the woman who has wrapped him around her fingers for good. 

"Bored? I thought you and Zainab must be doing some crazy shit in your bedroom." he questioned followed by a chuckle. 

"Please! Don't rub salt over my wounds. She has been ignoring me like hell for last two days. She just moves around my house being the perfect daughter in law, the perfect sister in law but she seems to forget me." Ayaan almost whined and cried like a baby which made Taran laugh his guts out on his face. Ayaan had been the toughest, brooding, sexiest intelligent and wittiest boy in their college, he was the heartthrob of whole batch and look at him now. There was a time he didn't pay attention to the girls dying for him as he used to walk past them, puffing on his costly cigarette. 

What have you done to him Zainab? Taran mentally laughed. 

"You know the worst part is?"

"What?" Taran patiently listened to his over dramatic and distressed best friend. Low key he was enjoying his state. Isn't it fun?? 

"I can't stay angry with her -"

"-because she is not wrong." Despite enjoying himself, Taran decided to talk some sense. "She is just paying attention to your family who will be flying away soon. You both have all the time in the world you dumb ass!"

"I know but that's not the reason. I mean yeah that is one of the potential reasons, I love her. She is the best thing which happened to me. But damn! Whenever I see her with scrutiny she just have to look at me, and smile and I lose it. It is a lost battle when your wife is an enchantress. Taran I don't lie when I say she is a goddess -"