Chapter 1 - Expelled

"Daddy! Mommy! Sissy!" I called my family, but no one answered as I continued to walk through the village.

"Where are you?" I choked out, my voice barely more than a whisper.

When I walked around the area, I could feel my body being heavy and sluggish, but I wanted to fight back, and my breath came in rapid spurts while my vision became blurry before giving up as I continued to walk.

After a few minutes, I fell to the ground. I was tired and exhausted. I couldn't try to stand up. I don't have enough energy anymore. I slowly closed my eyes; it was helpless and hopeless. As the darkness takes over.

I was awake as I abruptly sat up straight and gasped for air.

"Not that dream again..." I muttered to myself as I covered my face with my hands. The dream was vivid and clear. I always had that dream when I was young during the war back then. I glanced as the morning light gently filtered through my window.

'I need to prepare myself for today.' I thought to myself. I stretch my arms high, yawning loudly. My nightstand alarm clock reads 6:30 AM, and I don't have much time to spend. So, I stretched my legs over the edge of the bed before I stood up and went to the bathroom. After taking a bath, I put my bathrobe on and walked towards my closet to change. I reached into the closet, pulled out my school uniform, put it on, wore white socks, and lastly, the school shoes.

I grabbed the comb before I tied my long blonde hair up in a bun. I decided to apply natural makeup, so I opened the other cabinet as I grabbed the makeup bag. I took out the blush brush and a light foundation to match my skin tone and applied them to my face. I chose the peachy blush color for my cheeks and grabbed the mascara for my eyelashes. For the lips, I chose the sheer red lip gloss.

I quickly headed out of the room and went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to grab the bread, eggs, and ham. Then I open the cabinet to grab the ketchup and mayonnaise to make a sandwich. I tossed the bread on the counter. Then I grabbed the frying pan, turned on the heat, and started cooking.

After cooking, I took out the bread and tossed it on a plate, putting the mayonnaise and ketchup on top. I assembled my sandwich and began eating it because I was starving. I rushed outside of the house, and I saw the school bus just in time. I hurriedly got inside, finding an empty seat before I sat down. When I arrived at the school after a few minutes, I instantly got out of the bus.

As I enter the school and walk through the hallways, I reach my classroom. I take a deep breath, walk inside the classroom, and sit down in my usual seat near the window.

A few hours later, my first period is finished. I gathered my notebooks to put inside the bag before going out of the classroom. I decided to go to the library to read some books while it's still break time, or, should I say, I have something else to do.

Once I enter the library, I make my way to the bookshelves to find a book to read. I reach out to the bookshelves; my arm reaches out, and I begin to run my fingers through, gently touching the spines of the books as I walk by. After a few moments of browsing, a title caught my eye; it had a vivid cover.

'Gotcha!' I thought to myself. It's just what I need and I took it. I began to search another book before I grabbed it and walked to look for a place to sit since some were already taken by the small group of girls, but as I looked around the area, I could hear them laughing nearby. The library is a small area with a few tables and chairs.

I eventually ignored them and when I found a seat, I settled into an empty chair.

"Let's see..." I muttered and started to flip the pages to read. I was searching for some information over the past few years, but I got none. This is a history book and it has recorded many events and hopefully from the previous war in my village when I was an 8-year-old child. The memory of the dream, the war, the village, and my family haunted me. I had to find answers.