A Christmas miracle

Arthur was lost in his books. There was just so much to do. Charms, Astronomy, History, Potions and, his favourite, herbology. His study table was stacked with piles of books for all subjects at Hogwarts. And while he loved being here and learning more about the Wizarding World every day, sometimes it could be very overwhelming. Today was one such day. He closed his book on Potions and placed it back on the respective pile. He did not have the energy to study more.

And yet he could not rest. His mind drifted back to last year when Ivys sister Winifred woke up from her Coma at St. Mungus Hospital. It was supposed to be a moment of joy, the lost sister being found after three years. But that was not the case. He could still recall every detail of that day when he closed his eyes.

Winifred awoke the moment Ivy placed a hand on her cheek she and looked directly at them. Her face did not show any emotions whatsoever, not happines or surprise at seeing her sister. It was almost like her facial muscles did not have any nerves. "You're in trouble... he's watching you." she said in a mundane voice.

"Winifred? Who's watching me?" Ivy asked her twin, confused and scared.

Winifred shook her head. "Not you, Ivy." She then pointed a finger directly towards Arthur, her eyes cold and distant just like her voice. "You."

They were unable to get anything more out of her so far. So far, Winifred was barely responsive. And whenever she did say something, it was cryptic and ominous. 

Who was watching him? Why HIM? Was it the organization NOTME? And if so, what could they want from him? He was loosing his damn mind over it. But he had to prepare himself for the dark days ahead. He HAD to protect his friends. He wished to become stronger, more powerful.

A knock on the door interrupted his thought, which he was actually thankful for. "Come in."

It was Lottie Turner, the artisan of his friend group. She wore her artbook under her arms, as always. "Arthur, are you coming or not?"

"Pardon me?" Arthur was confused.

"We are all going to Madam Malkin in Diagon Alley. Our outfits for the Ball are ready."

Arthur facepalmed himself. "Of course! How could I forget that. I'm sorry Lottie. I was so busy with schoolwork that I forgot all about that." Christmas was exactly one month away and they had ordered dresses and suits from Madam Malkin just for the occasion. He was so distrated by the looming threat that he had started to neglect his friends and he hated himself for doing that.

Lottie smiled. "It's fine. Just get ready now, we will be waiting for you outside the common room."

He sighed and followed her. Perhaps it would be best to spent more time with his friends and relax a litte.

"Marvelous! Simply Marvelous!" Madam Malkin said when Arthur was done with getting dressed. And he did like what he saw. "Red really suits you."

"It is my favourite color. I am glad you remembered." he said and took a good look in the mirror. "This... this is perfect!" 

 this is perfect!"