Prologue

"I'm Cassandra but people call me Cassie," I answer as the nurse checks my eyes with her irritating torch, "Your as healthy as a horse," she said as she removed her gloves, I never really understand doctors, sometimes you're just checking an eye, why do you need gloves?

"It's probably tiredness, some headaches are not a serious case." she smiled. "You can go now, you're all right." Honestly, I was all right, I just wanted to waste some minutes because it was Chemistry and I disliked Chemistry. I never understood it, I mean why do they even put the powers at the bottom of the element anyway?

"Make sure you drink lots of water, it is healthy and a cure for most headaches," she said, I nodded and I took my bag turning to leave. I went to Chemistry class and the professor was there, 'dang, it's still Chemistry' I thought, "Cassandra Irene Williams, you are 20 minutes late, again!" Mr. Hans shouted; another reason why I hated chemistry, "Just call me Cassie..." I replied in the lowest voice but loud enough to hear. "What?" he shouted once more. "Nothing" I rolled my eyes, "I had a serious headache." I need to stop lying, "No Cassandra you don't have a serious headache you just seem to hate Chemistry, don't you?" he knows me so well, "Not really-" "Sit down!" I mean at least say it politely, I went and took my chair at the corner.

I had a friend, just one, I don't need friends I mean I'm not very good at socializing, it's not that I'm scared or I have a phobia, it's that I might cringe the living hell out of people. For once, a blond said hi to me and I responded, "Hi, OMG I love your hair I bet you traded with Cinderella, my name is Cinder- I mean Cassie, sorry kind of genetic- oh shoot, dropped my drink, Hehe, look I'm-" then she left, I mean I can't blame her but at least help me with my dropped drink. Making friends was not that hard, it's just that unless you're not the one to start a conversation, I would be extremely quiet, and if you did start a conversation and I become nervous, trust me you would regret starting it.

I got out of chemistry class finally, and I saw my only friend, Jessica, she's tall, about 6 feet, with brown hair, Chinese eyes, and teeth fixed with braces, and very hyped. "Cassie!" see what I mean? "Hey Jess," I smiled, I turned and saw a lot of people staring, "You're being a bit too loud; it's embarrassing." I whispered but I was sure she heard. "huh? I can't hear you." She shouted again; I rolled my eyes. I and Jess had a lot of differences, she had two siblings, I was the only child, she was obsessed with Oreos, and I disliked Oreos, she's active and hyped, and well I'm just really calm, sometimes I just wonder how we became friends.

"You can't believe what happened to Sophie," she said showing me a photo from her phone

"What happened?" I looked. "She fainted on stage while performing 'Scars to your beautiful' as an audition for the University of Heavens Burg." She explained "Well that's sad" I replied. Then we kept talking.

.....

It was soon home time and I walked home, which wasn't that far from school, honestly, I don't like home its kind of stressful there, My parents just fight all the time and it annoys me, they just don't seem to get each other, and the worst thing is that after they fight, Mom would come to my room, cry all night and complaining that she "will divorce dad" and then the next day dad will come with rose flowers with a guilty expression and then they love each other, and 2 days after it's a whole new cycle again. It's annoying and I get so pissed especially when she cries in my room and I have sleepless nights.

"Hi Mom," I say as soon as I arrive. "Hey honey, how was school?" that's when I turned "Huh?" "How - was - school?" she repeated, "Since when do you care?" I replied "What do you mean, I do care that's why I'm asking," She says "No Mom, you never care about my school life." I answer, then she glared at me. "All right, I care now, how was school?" she repeated. "It was ok" I reply not interested to explain more. "You make it sound as if I have no right to ask." She complains. "But I did answer, didn't I?", Mom then continued cooking. "What are you making," I ask, she turned. "Since when do you care?" she answered, I rolled my eyes then she smiled. I walked upstairs to my room and I could hear her downstairs shouting "I'm making spaghetti!' "All right" I shouted back and I didn't close my room, I forgot and I felt lazy to close it when I realized right after I jumped in bed.