XI

Word count: 1607

This is almost all fluff to make up for the next chapter (I also wrote this because my writers block was fucking crazy so im sorry that its a little shorter.)

--------------

30 Days.

Tanner and Larry had been dating for 30 Days, and in about 6 hours, it would be their one month anniversary.

It sounded good in theory, but it wasn't really as great as it sounded.

Larry had been distant and stressed all week due to moving into the new house (which he hated doing.) and Tanner was stressed because he was planning a date for their anniversary.

During these times, fights and arguments were extremely common. They were almost always about pointless things, and one of them would always end up stomping off upset or crying.

But regardless of the fights, Tanner wanted to make this anniversary the best Anniversary possible.

He went out and bought a few things. He knew Larry liked legos and Studio Ghibli, so he bought a Totoro Lego set and some dark chocolate and wrapped them up to the best of his ability (which was still pretty bad.)

He also bought some smaller things such as a Red Carnation bouquet and a little letter he wrote himself.

He stuck it under his bed so that Larry couldn't snoop through it, and covered it in blankets so that the green wrapping paper and the dark blue gift bag didn't stick out.

He wanted it to be perfect. Even if Larry didn't get him anything, seeing him happy would be just enough.

He sat and watched anxiously as the time ticked by.

6 Hours.

5 Hours.

4 Hours.

The time crawled by slowly, and he hadn't heard anything from Larry.

3 Hours.

2 Hours.

1 Hour.

Not even a text. Not a call or a knock on the door. Nothing.

30 minutes.

10 minutes.

12:00.

Tanner had enough. If Larry wanted him to initiate conversation, thats what he was going to do.

He stood up from his bed which he had been Laying in for hours, and stretched until a satisfying crack came from his lower back.

He then dragged his feet against the floor before reaching the handle. He twisted it, but the door was immediately caught by the lock.

"Go away." Larry bleated, his voice muffled by what sounded like a piece of fabric.

"Its Tanner." Tanner clarified, acting as if he wasn't hurt by Larry's stubborn attitude.

"Oh, shit. Hold on." Larry replied, his voice suddenly laced with a bubbly undertone.

Tanner heard the lock jiggle before the door swung open, causing to the older to be met with a smile beaming up at him.

"Hey Lare I-" Tanner was cut off when Larry basically dragged him into the room.

"Sit down! Ive got a present for you." Larry said, picking up a white gift bag that sat in the corner of his bed.

"But I left your present in my room." Laughed Tanner, happy to see Larry smile again.