Chapter 34: The Final Battle

Luz felt trapped, as if she was a passive observer in her own life. The events unfolding before her felt distant and detached, like scenes from a movie playing out without any emotional impact. Initially, she resisted this sense of control, but deep down, a voice whispered to her that surrendering would end her pain and suffering. Despite her attempts to fight it, the enchanting allure of the voice eventually overpowered her will, and she gave in. From that point on, she witnessed everything that happened around her, but it left her numb. As long as she listened to the voice, she believed everything would be alright.

However, this state of detachment abruptly ended moments ago when the voice commanded Luz to step into the light, carrying a small tome that would illuminate the skies and guide others to join her in the void where she resided. The void provided solace, devoid of decision-making, pain, emotions, and heartache. Luz gradually started to forget the concept of pain altogether.

She questioned why she had been so distraught before. What had she fought so fiercely for? Why had she endured so much pain? It all seemed pointless now. She felt grateful that it was behind her.

Yet, her newfound tranquility shattered when an agonizing pain tore through her very soul, as if lightning had struck every nerve in her being. She screamed, attempting to thrash and escape, but an unseen force held her in place, rendering her immobile. In that moment, all she could feel was the excruciating torment that consumed her.

Just as abruptly as it started, the pain ceased, leaving Luz disoriented and bewildered. She found herself thrust out of the torment, her soul propelled back into...

Where was she?

Luz blinked, gradually regaining her vision. Confusion enveloped her as she surveyed her surroundings. The last thing she remembered was...

What did she remember?

Images flooded her mind. She recalled Eda, the woman who had taken her under her wing. She remembered the incessant chatter of the owl, Hooty, and the little creature named Owlbert, who would snuggle affectionately with her. Luz cherished Owlbert's warm presence as he would always be nestled in Eda's unruly hair.

Another memory emerged, featuring a girl with purple hair and a delicate amethyst necklace that symbolized purity and healing of the heart.

Who was that girl? She seemed important.

Amity.

Oh yeah, the girl's name was Amity. Luz felt a blush rising to her cheeks at the thought of the beautiful girl.

Amity was her girlfriend.

She was the girl that Luz couldn't wait to introduce to her mom. Alongside their friends Willow and Gus, they made a tight-knit group that brought joy and adventure into Luz's life. Luz was confident that her mom would adore her Earth found friends just as much as she did.

Mi mama!

With a sudden burst of energy, Luz opened her eyes. The space around her transformed into a swirling vortex of colors, and in an instant, she found herself standing in a mysterious, inkling dark void. The air around her twisted and contorted, taking on an eerie green and brown hue. Floating cubes of various sizes danced around her, adding to the surreal atmosphere.

Confusion washed over Luz as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. "How did I get here?" she wondered aloud, her voice echoing through the void.

A voice, both familiar and unfamiliar, responded from behind her. Startled, Luz spun around to face the intruder. Standing before her was a creature, somewhere between a person, a beast, and an animal. Its features were reminiscent of King, but it stood taller and exuded an aura of wisdom that piqued Luz's curiosity.