Eight

This is crazy

This is crazy.

This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy.

What in the world did I just agree to? Dinner with a single, and unreasonably attractive, male is not an activity I should entertain. Especially with Mya at home—not that she's waiting for me, or anything. She's perfectly happy hanging out with my parents.

To make matters worse, it's not just any male. It's Sammy's younger brother, for goodness sakes.

Gross.

Except, he's not gross. Justin is drop dead gorgeous in the kind of way real, everyday people aren't. He doesn't even look like he's from this world. Maybe some distant exoplanet populated by the most exquisite creatures to have graced the universe.

I need to get out of this. I need to pull up my granny panties and tell him I've changed my–

"Are you ready?"

When I turn toward Justin's voice, what I'm about to say shrivels up and dies on my tongue.

Everything about him is chiseled, like the sculptures of ancient warriors displayed in big city museums. His hair is short on the sides and longish on top, and topples from his head in a mess of sun-kissed brown curls. And don't even get me started on those lips.

An unexpected spark ignites in my chest like a candle in a dark room. Time and experience has made Justin Lark way too handsome for his own good. It really isn't fair.

I squash the flame and peel my eyes away from him. "Um, sure. Okay."

"Don't sound so enthused." When he laughs, it resonates through every fiber in my body, draining the air in my lungs. I don't like it one bit.

"Sorry. I'm just–" How long can I stare at him before I look like a creeper? "I'm having sort of a weird day."

"Weird days are goin' around." Justin grabs his bag off the floor and opens the door. "I'm parked out front."

Oh, God. He expects me to ride with him? "I can drive separately if it would be more convenient."

His lips curl into that same smirk from high school. Only this time, he isn't spying on me in the locker room. "When I asked you to dinner, escorting you there was part of the invitation. Unless you're embarrassed to be seen with me."

He can't be serious. If anything, it would be the other way around. I've let myself go over the past year and a half, and I've never felt that harder than I do right now.

I roll my eyes and try to sound more confident than I feel. "If I was embarrassed, I wouldn't have said yes."

"Great. Then, it's settled. I'll be your chauffeur for the evening."

Giving him the side-eye, I edge past him into the hall. "You're used to getting what you want, aren't you?"

"Absolutely."

And Then Came You (slow updates at this time)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara