2. Flawless killing

Su Jing found a large rock and chose to sit on it as she massaged her feet. Now that she finally looked, her shoes were with some blood, signalling how her pain wasn't for nothing.

What did she do to have such a wound?

Not having anything at hand, Su Jing broke one of her inner sleeves and enveloped her feet, feeling a bit more comfortable now, although still in pain.

As the Sixth Elder directed his attention towards the group, Su Jing became alert, eager to hear what he had to say.

"The Tian Men Immortal Gateway is the only way mortals can reach the immortal realm, as few of you probably know already. Everyone is welcome to try their chances, but take notice. If you weren't selected in our previous test, you wouldn't have Tian Hui Sect protection in the immortal realm." he paused, looking towards the massive group of people that weren't accepted, "You'll have to protect yourselves, and I do not recommend doing that if you have a weak inner dan. Better to be too sceptical than too trusting about your safety in the immortal realm."

Su Jing gazed up the stairs as he talked, being a bit overwhelmed by the immensity of the stairs. This path was meant to take her to the immortal realm.

At first, she followed these people because she did not know where else to go, but now with the elder's words, it made her regret that she did not choose the other group that went down the slope!

"The time perception will change according to the individual, but I do not recommend staying too long. There is a risk of being trapped forever between the two realms, with no way to any of them. Heaven will try to punish those who carelessly broke the law."

Su Jing listened, being more and more inclined to remain here. Yet, the forest also scared her! She was scared to go on her own back!

People began to step on the stairs, their figures getting lost one after another in the view.

The master turned towards the three chosen persons, starting to instruct them separately. Now that Su Jing looked over, she observed that the two young immortals weren't with him.

Were they so powerful they could go on their own?

Su Jing got up from her stone and approached the stairs hobbling. She did not walk much when a hand touched her shoulder, making Su Jing flinch and the sudden and unnoticed contact.

"Oh, my apologies. I did not want to startle you." a feminine voice was heard, and when Su Jing turned, she saw Bai Xiu Ying!

Su Jing was surprised at this sudden turn of events. Before she could say anything, Bai Xiu Ying stretched out her hand, having a green jade bottle in her palm.

"I saw you limping, and I figured out you were wounded. This may be of help. It can heal any injury or wound instantly."

Bai Xiu Ying smiled politely as she said that, appearing truthfully worried about Su Jing's condition. Su Jing however staggered for a moment, being taken aback by her actions.

"Thank you," Su Jing murmured, her head down.

Bai Xiu Ying did not stay too long, and once she saw that Su Jing accepted her help, he went after the boy Zhu Tai Chang. Su Jing kept in her palm the cool bottle, a bit scared that she might accidentally drop it down.

"Did Immortal Fairy Bai really help that?"

Su Jing overheard what the nearby people said, and her back suddenly felt targeted. Limping, she went back to the rock she stayed on, wanting to be away from them.

As she unpacked the garments that were around her feet, more and more people were gone, even those immortals. Bai Xiu Ying waved her hand towards Su Jing when she caught sight of her, and with that, Su Jing was left alone.