Chapter 2: Welcome to Atlas

(Background BGM)

I got into Sergeant Lance's jeep after a few minutes because I had no other choice. There was nowhere else for me to go. It would be foolish not to cooperate, as he might have left me behind to be attacked by the creatures in the city. As we drove away from the city filled with monsters, Lance glanced at me in the rearview mirror and asked, "Are you okay, kid? You look troubled." He was genuinely concerned about how I was doing. I was slightly hesitant to answer, but I answered anyway. "Yeah, I'm okay. But what's happening? Why are the monsters suddenly attacking our realm?" Sergeant Lance briefly glanced at me, then focused on the road, taking a moment to consider his response. "That's a good question, kid. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I think it's possible that the ruler of the monster realm wanted to seek revenge for what we did to him in the past." Sergeant Lance's answer made me shiver. The ruler of the Monster Realm unleashed an army of monsters to annihilate us...just for revenge? Well, I can understand his motives, but causing the deaths of millions of innocent lives is too extreme.

Sergeant Lance eased the tension by informing me about what would happen next. "Atlas Military is nearby, just 30 kilometres away from our current location. When you enter the base, remember to behave well and show respect to everyone you encounter. If you come across a bunch of Atlas Soldiers looking at you, simply salute them. Got it?" "Got it, sergeant," I replied in response. Sergeant Lance looked at me and smiled slightly. "Good. You're gonna fit right in." He smirked. Soon, we reached Atlas Military. As we reached the military base gate, I looked out of the window, marvelling at the large metallic fortress. The base was well guarded as I can tell. The entire base was surrounded by a large metal wall, and on every corner of the wall, lies a watch tower and a couple of turrets. "Those soldiers in dark blue armour, those are Atlas Soldiers, right?" I asked Lance, marvelling at the guards. Lance smiled back at me and nodded. "That's right, kid. Those are Atlas Soldiers on guard duty. Their armour is pretty neat, huh?" "Oh definitely!" I replied in awe. Lance, looking at my reaction through the rear window, chuckled a little. "Knew that you'd like it. Do you know what's even cooler? Since you've agreed to join Atlas Military, you'll get your own Atlas Armour." Sergeant Lance smirked.

(Image Of Atlas Soldier):

"Wait what?! Do I get to get my own Atlas Armour?! You're kidding, right?" I exclaimed, not believing my ears

"Wait what?! Do I get to get my own Atlas Armour?! You're kidding, right?" I exclaimed, not believing my ears. "No, I'm not kidding, kid. You will get it soon." Upon hearing that, my body started shaking in excitement. "No freaking way!" Lance chuckled again, amused by my reaction. As we drove into the military base, we were stopped by one of the guards. "Hold it. State your name and purpose for coming to Atlas." The guard said as he stopped in front of the truck. Lance rolled down the window of the Jeep. "Gerald, it's just me. Let us pass." The guard, upon seeing Sergeant Lance, lowered his gun in embarrassment. "My apologies, sir. I'll open the gate for you. By the way, who's the kid?" "He's a kid whom I saved back in Neo City. You'll find out soon." Sergeant told the guard, smiling a little. "Roger that, sergeant. The gate has been opened. Welcome back to Atlas." Sergeant Lance gave the guard a thumbs up and drove through the gate.