𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣, 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜

The girl stands there for a few seconds before walking in "Hi, Theo." She says, "Stand up so I can hug you."

Mattheo's shocked expression changes to a cheeky grin in an instant. He stands up and walks towards her, wrapping his arms tightly around her. She is shorter than him—by a lot, they have the same curly brown hair, she has the same chocolate brown eyes, but she's more...I don't know different.

Thoughts flood my mind about this girl as she hugs Mattheo back. I know I could be overreacting and overthinking things. Plus, I mean Mattheo and I just met, we aren't even a thing, or whatever you wanna call it.

They break the hug the girl looks at me with a huge smile on her beautiful face. "And who's this?" She points to me

I start to stutter and look at Mattheo. He chuckles and walks over to me—he wraps his arm around my shoulders "This, is Angel."

I blush "Angel this is Violet, my older sister."

I feel a wave of relief wash over me as he finishes his sentence. His sister. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Aurora."

Violet smiles "I thought it was Angel"

Mattheo replies "Angel suits her better." He looks at me with an expression that makes my heart flutter.

Violet rolls her eyes and pulls me into a hug before whispering in my ear "Babes...my brother has never looked at anyone how he just looked at you."

She lets me go and starts to speak to Mattheo "I just came to bring you some stuff that you forgot at home."

He smiles "Thanks. Do you wanna stay?"

She shakes her head "No, I have work but make sure to send me letters!"

He playfully rolls his eyes but nods "I will."

She turns to me "It was nice meeting you Aurora, I hope to see you again." With that, she walks out of the room.

Mattheo turns to me "You were so jealous."

I scoff "Oh please. No, I wasn't."

Yea. Yeah, I was.

☆彡

It's been a couple of hours and to say the least, Mattheo and I have been talking nonstop.

I've realized that he is definitely not like his father, at all. I know so many details about him that it's actually starting to scare me a little bit. And for the first time, I've been opening up about my feelings, thoughts, and past to him. Which I've only ever talked about with Lily.

We are currently lying down on the floor staring at the roof in complete silence, but it's not awkward or weird—it's comfortable.

"You know, you're not how I thought you were.." I say, breaking the silence.

He turns to look at me and smiles "What, you thought I was some big bad, scary monster?"

I laugh but nod "Yeah...I did."

He looks back up at the roof and sighs "I'm not my father. I never will be."

I smile to myself and stay quiet for a few seconds "I know that now."

"Really? What makes you say that Angel?"

"Because in reality...you're just a normal, 17-year-old boy."

He doesn't reply. But he does stand up and walk to his mini fridge. He pulls out a chocolate bar and I smile immediately.

"Chocolate?" I ask, a smirk growing on my lips.

"Yeah, but it's mine."

I scoff "You are sharing with me whether you like it or not." I get up off the floor and run over to him—trying to grab the chocolate but he moves right when I'm about to reach him and I fall onto the floor.

I start to wince as I hold my leg. He rushes over to me and bends down to my level "Are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

I look at him and tilt my head, a smirk forming on my lips "That was...too easy."

I hold up the chocolate and his jaw drops "You played me."

I get up off the floor and act like I'm dusting dirt off me "Yup Mr. Riddle yes indeed I did."

He grins at me "I'm impressed, didn't think you'd do that."

I shrug "I guess I'm just full of surprises, and..I'd do anything for chocolate."

He laughs and lays on his bed—on his back, looking at the roof. "You know you remind me of someone.."

I lift a brow "Who?"

He shrugs "My old best friend. She died 1 year ago."

I frown "Mattheo I'm so sorry."

He shrugs "I've gotten over it. It's normal, people die. It's like..they are just taking a long vacation because soon I'll die and I'll see them again."

I feel my heart break. Oh my god. "Mattheo.."

He smiles at me "Enough about that."

I sigh and lay next to him "If my brother finds out I'm friends with you, he'll lose his shit."

He nods at my words "Friends."

I mean we are friends...right? Or are we less, more? That's ridiculous we just met.

"Yeah friends...isn't that what you wanted?"

He laughs and turns his face to look at me "Sure, you can say that."

I sit up "What does that mean?"

He playfully rolls his eyes "You'll figure out soon enough, but I want to ask you a question."

I scoff "You can't change the subject!"

"I just did, I was wondering if your brother is putting his name in the Triwizard tournament."

"Oh.." I murmur "Yeah. He is." I look out the window and take a deep breath.

He sits up and I can feel his eyes watching me "What's wrong?" He asks, moving closer to me.

"I don't want him to join."

"Why?"

I scoff "Cause he could I don't know...die."

He shrugs "I doubt that'll ever happen Angel, plus I was thinking of adding my name. I mean I'm seventeen."

I turn to face him "You what?"

He nods but looks at me with a sad expression "It'll be fun."

I narrow my eyes at him before turning to look away. I shouldn't care if he does this or not, Cedric's my brother but Mattheo, he is just a boy.

"Do what you want, why would I even care?"

He stares at me for a few moments before speaking "I don't know, why would you?"

"I don't."

He laughs "Okay Angel."

I don't care what he does. I can't.