The Calm Before the Storm

Peter and Ned were overexcited during lunch. Their school always has a Fieldtrip for its students at the start and end of every year, ice breakers and congratulations. Midtown became legendary for them.

The end of year ones are always the best, Sophmore Year's one was to Princeton where they got a tour of the campus and a chance at a few lectures. Peter would've loved to go but that was his punishment for lying to May about Spider-Man. She'd found out the week before.

He could still go out as Spider-Man, and May was proud of him, but he lied which she did feel the need to punish, just a little. And while Peter moped, he didn't disagree.

But this year was different! May had given the all clear, still feeling a bit bad about stopping him last year, and Peter was ecstatic. Their school loved their surprises so every end of year Fieldtrip was a surprise, May'd filled out the form last week, and it was today — their last Thursday before summer break — that they found out where they were going.

"Calm down losers", MJ says as they walk to their science class, last class of the day and when they find out. Peter smiles and rolls his eyes, "sorry MJ, but you know I've been waiting for this all year", he argues.

Standing on his toes and leaning to MJ he gives her a short kiss, "and don't lie, you're excited too". She blushes lightly, "shut up Parker", she grumbles walking ahead of her losers.

Peter smirks proudly, while Ned snickers next to him. "I thought it'd be weird being the third wheel", he starts between intensifying giggles, "but it's hilarious watching you two". They'd gotten together only 2 months ago and Ned loved seeing them mess with each other like that. He's happy for his friends, and even happier for his free entertainment.

Besides, he's more interested in Betty Brandt.

They'd just made it to the classroom when the bell went, their conversation unimpeded, "so where do you think we're going?". Ned looked back at Peter excited, another ramble at the tip of his tongue. "Princeton was awesome- sorry you didn't get to come, but kinda far. Hopefully it's someplace closer. Oh! Like a museum! Or-".

There was no point listening anymore, Ned's rant growing more and more indecipherable, so Pete turned to MJ. "Where'd you want to go MJ?". She looks up from her notebook, "Wakandan Embassy, I respect their stances", she turns back to her sketch.

Oookay. Peter and Ned tried to think of an answer through the class, Coney Island their prime preferred choice, then the last 10 minutes came. "Class, I'm done pretending that you are all listening", Mr Harrington spoke front of the class.

Much like the trio, all the students had been gossiping about the field trip, it was inevitable. Harrington knew this, and if he were to be honest, he's ecstatic too. "So I guess I might break the news to you now", the class' gossip only grows.

"Us, along Mr Hagane's class will meet outside of school tomorrow, at 6:30 am", overly dramatic bastard obviously has to take his sweet old time. "Then we'll take the bus 30 minutes to manhattan", some theories fell and others strengthened. But still, they were all wrong, "for an all expense paid tour of Stark Tower!".

Oh shit; Peter froze. See, last year after the Avenger's minor squabble, they moved back into Stark Tower, alternating between it and the compound. Originally. Because after Homecoming, Peter started coming over more and more often and who can blame them for growing close with him.

So he might've been part of the reason why Tony didn't sell Stark Tower. That and the fact he couldn't get any offers as no other company could afford or justify such a purchase. And so he might also be the reason why the avengers are almost exclusively at the Tower now.