10

Silence lingered in the air for a few minutes as Elain shuffled around the kitchen plating some freshly baked cookies and some fresh tea. Althea sat on the table kicking her feet in the air waiting patiently for her older sister to finish preparing whatever she was doing. I need help to carry them she claimed but Althea was certain that Elain just didn't want to enter alone.

And Althea didn't blame her either. Feyre was alive, she was going to see her twin sister who she hasn't seen in months, and she was sitting in the room opposite of them. But she was nervous. Althea felt insulted at herself for being nervous in the first place but it felt unsettling. She obviously didn't come for a cup of tea. 

"Thea?" She gestured for Althea to walk towards her with a worried glaze. "Try to be understanding with Nesta, she didn't want to tell you because-"

Althea threw a quick glance at Elain who stopped talking, with a fake smile plastered on her face she turned on her heels pushing the door open with her back, the drinks on the tray clattering from the impact spilling at its edges.

She was going to be very understanding with Nesta. She was sure that she had her reasons but sometimes it just angers her, Althea just wished that she trusted them enough to open up.

Althea cleared her throat when Elain stood there for a couple of minutes her eyes filled with fear just staring at the polished wooden door. "Oh." 

Elain quickly entered with Althea walking in behind her the latter placing the teapot and the cups down gingerly quite aware of the silence that followed their entry. Not that they were talkative from the start. 

Oh my gods you're alive! You've grown so tall! Wow look at your pointy ears that's crazy! 

They all didn't sound like the right thing to say not that it mattered anyways. 

Once she saw Feyre it was like all pent up emotions just collapsed and her eyes grew watery. It seemed to be the same with Feyre as well, the two rushed to each other sweeping each other in a tight embrace. Faerie or not. She was just as sure Feyre didn't change. 

"You look beautiful." was the first thing that slipped out of Althea's lips something that made her twin sister smile. 

"Thea..." tears brimmed her eyes and she once again pulled in Althea for another hug. 

An awkward cough echoed throughout the quiet room, one that made Althea suddenly aware of the three fae males that stood awkwardly to the side. She almost choked on air as she took the three of them in. They were big, the two of them had wide black wings much like bats, her eyes slipped to the one on the left noticing the red siphons that adjourned his body. Seven if she counted correctly, she then glanced at the one in the middle, He was also tall: he stood like royalty with confidence and power his purple eyes were trained on the two sisters. Waiting patiently a small smile quirking at his lips.

Then she looked at the one at the far right who seemed to be standing with the shadows. He was the most good looking man she's ever seen and that dumbfounded her. Maybe she had a type? A muscular man with cold eyes... maybe she just has issues. He also wore seven glowing orbs, blue siphons, on his body. And his wing was much wider than the first man. She looked at Feyre who still had her arms around Althea like she was going to disappear again. 

Feyre cleared her throat. "My older sisters, Nesta and Elain Acheron." She gestured to the two sisters who stood at the side of the room close together. "And my twin, Althea Acheron." 

Althea offered them a smile, sure it was forced but it would've been rude not to, seeing as the man in front smiled at her first. 

"Cassian..." She gestured at the man with shoulder length hair then onto the one who stood farthest away "Azriel." Her eyes fell on the man in front. "And Rhysand high lord of the night court."