f o r t y - s e v e n

my new book is out and the first chapter is out, go check it out! <3

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ Cecelia's POV  ❝. . .

"OKAY SO, WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE LOOSES?" Adelina inquired, her hands going in every direction to make sure the amount of cards people had been given was correct.

"They have to jump in the pool, fully clothed." Daniel proposed, earning a round of agreement from everyone playing a game of uno. Adelina and I were the only ones playing from our group, Lando, Max, Daniel and Carlos filled up the rest of the players. Seeing as Adelina and I were the only players, it simply made sense that we had formed a secret alliance that we would not use +4's on each other unless there was no other way.

Marcus had taken his place at the head of his table, claiming that he was the referee. The rest were dotted around the house doing whatever.

"But there will be multiple losers, it just doesn't work." Max reasoned. Although what he had said was correct, people still had objections. The brainstorming once again started, a stupider idea revealing itself every time.

"Whoever has the most amount of cards left." The solution was an easy one, allowing us to go on with our game.

"KILL YOURSELF. JUMP OF A BRIDGE." Adelina screamed once Max had placed down a +4 when she only had two card left. Marcus blew a whistle in response, quickly calling a stop to the game.

"Penalty. You now have to experience the punishment with the loser." Marcus asserted, his finger pointing directly at Lina as if she was a small child getting told off by a teacher.

"That is so unfair." She grumbled however held up no argument as to why.

"Begin again." Marcus allowed, bringing the whistle up to his lips but he didn't get to his chin before a round of 'no's' hit him, leaving him to be very unhappy whilst the game went on.

"Uno." Daniel knocked onto the table, a sense of pride overwhelming his face as the one card he had left sat in between his hands. Just before that, he had placed down a reverse card meaning whatever Adelina placed down would go straight to me.

"Fuck." I mumbled underneath my breath as I began to realise that I had the most amount of cards left, all hope diminishing from my body as I watched Lina looking dismally at her cards.

"Cece, I am so sorry for this." The action was performed in slow motion, from the way her fingers glided over the piece of cardboard, the lone card sliding out of the grip of its friends with a hardship, to being placed on the table and revealing itself as a +4.