•Two•

•Family Matters•

After school, Naomi waited in the parking lot for her sister, Keenly, to come out of the building. She's in fourth grade and is like a mini-version of Naomi. They both like to sports and look just alike. The only difference between them is she loves math and science versus Naomi, who likes English did I forget to mention sports??

Keenly hopped in the passenger seat. "Hey, Keenly! How was your day at school?"

Keenly, a fourth-grader with a backpack full of energy, replied with enthusiasm, "It was pretty good, sis! We had a fun science experiment today. We put Mentos in Coke, and it exploded like a real volcano! It was so cool!"

Naomi chuckled. "Is that why your clothes are all wet?"

"Yep!" Keenly smiled.

"What else did you do?"

Keenly continued. "Well, in art class, we started working on a painting. But it's a surprise I can't tell you what it is."

Naomi smiled. "I can't wait to see it, Keenly. It sounds like you had a wonderful day at school."

Keenly added, "I also have math homework to do."

Naomi laughed and asked, "Let me guess you're excited about that too huh?"

"You know it!" Keenly agreed.

Naomi started the car, and once they arrived home, she led her sister inside the house, then she dropped her backpack in her room. Naomi then went to her room, grabbed some cash from her savings, and attempted to make a quick exit. However, just as she was about to leave, her mom, Michelle, entered the room and asked, "Where do you think you're off to, young lady?"

Naomi stopped her tracks and replied, "I was going to get my nails done!"

Michelle folded her arms, "Not before you finish those dishes you're not. You don't wanna come back and wash dirty dishes with new nails do you?"

Naomi sighed, quite annoyed, "Can't Keenly wash them?"

Michelle replied "Keenly has homework to do Besides, you're her big sister, so it's your responsibility to set a good example and share the chores. It won't take long, and then you can head out."

Naomi walked over to the sink and put on the gloves beginning to start washing the dishes. Michelle sat down at the counter booth and began to speak "So how was school?"

"Same old, same old." Naomi replied, "How was your day?"

"It was pretty good." Michelle answered, "I made a few sales today on my clothing."

"That's good!" Naomi stated, "Do you know what time Dad is coming home?"

Michelle sighed, "You never know what time he's coming home with all the conference meetings the church has."

Naomi paused for a moment then asked, "Why does he have so many meetings anyway? It's just the church. I feel like all they need is two days at the most to do meetings. Not every day of the week!"

Michelle declared, "Your dad is one of the biggest pastors in this city. Everything must go perfectly on Wednesdays and Sundays because your dad is a perfectionist. The choir has to sound amazing, his lectures and everybody that works with your dad has to be on the same page as him."

Love In The Shadows: Christian RomanceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara