Ch 31: A Clash of Consorts

OPHELIA'S POV
🌶️🌶️

Pleasure built like an incoming tide, lapping against the beach of an orgasm I couldn't quite claim. Every time I tensed my legs and thrust my hips up into Nate's face, pushing the centre of that extraordinary feeling onto the flat of his warm, wet tongue, I threatened to spill all over it. He would always pull back at the last second though, teasing and taunting, refusing to give into my breathy pleas for mercy.

I was about to crush his head between my thighs and trap him there when I heard two gunshots: the door slamming open and closed in quick succession. A menacing growl made the picture frames on the wall shudder like my legs as a pair of massive, veiny hands closed on Nate's shoulders and wrenched him backward.

The air was cool on my throbbing sex, but the discomfort only grew as I pressed my legs together and gathered my black skirts. Nate and Fallon were wrestling, locked arm to arm as they used their impressive strength to shove each other through the tiny office, cracking chairs and side tables. Glass scattered across the floor as they knocked picture frames from the walls, each intent on grinding the other into dust.

"Just admit it," Fallon snarled, his hands closing around Nate's throat as he shoved him against the wall. Alarm spiked in my chest as the Pendragon prince's golden-brown skin purpled. "You're going to run away together."

Nate laughed. The evidence of his arousal was straining against the button of his pants, a thick rod matched by a tent in Fallon's leather trousers. "Without you?"

I heard the incredulity in his tone, but Fallon took the words as confirmation of his worst fear. "How could you be so selfish?" he whispered, his face screwing up in anguish. They'd been friends for years; staged a revolution together. I could understand why he'd perceive our affiliation as a betrayal on two counts. "After everything we've been through?"

Fallon's hips ground into Nate's reflexively, making the other prince's head fall back. Nate might have groaned, or maybe even tried to talk, but the grip on his throat was too tight to tell.

I crossed the room, gently prying away Fallon's fingers. "I think I'm finally starting to get it," I said softly. "You're not just scared of losing me, are you?"

Fallon was so lost in his rage I thought he didn't hear me. Then he nodded. It was barely perceptible, but something in Nate caved at that tiny admission. He relaxed against the giant, melting into his strength.

Fallon's hold loosened, but he didn't seem to want to let go. Choking Nate out somehow turned into holding him up as the Pendragon prince's legs turned to jelly.

"I didn't know where you were," Fallon said hoarsely, turning his head to meet my eyes. "And when I couldn't find Nate either, I thought..."

"That I'd chosen him?" I asked. Fallon nodded stiffly.

"I won't be the wedge that drives between you," I said resolutely. "As soon as I find my sister I'm getting out of here. For good. And both of you are staying put to finish whatever war you started without me."

Fallon dropped Nate, then. For the first time, his steely eyes betrayed sparks of panic as he whirled around, his massive hands swallowing mine. "Ophelia..."

"Aurora has to come first," I said. "I was looking for her, before Nate... distracted me."

Fallon tensed, clearly jealous. But of who?