Alarms

That night as I got into bed, I heard a slight crinkle. Startled, I jumped. I looked under my bed and there was nothing. So I got back into bed, when I heard the noise again. Scared, I ran out of room in just my underwear. "Mom", I yelled. She came to me and asked what was the issue. "There's something in my bed", I told her. She came back into my room and I showed her the noise. "Oh that", she said. "Here, I put a plastic sheet under your linen", she said whilst showing it to me. "I know you don't want to wet yourself, but your mattress was starting to get ruined, so I put this sheet to protect it". That's when I knew that I was on the right track, with just a few more wet nights, the diapers would be in sight.

After a couple of more wet nights, I was finally taken to the doctor. By now, I didn't even need to wake up to pee. I would wake up wet anyways and my parents wanted to make sure there was no underlying condition to my bedwetting. After doing a bunch of different tests, we were told that there was nothing physically wrong with me. "It's probably just puberty/stress, nothing to worry about". "Just give it more time".

When we got home, Chris came over to bring me my homework. While he was there, my mother ran out to the store to get the ingredients for supper. When we were finished our homework, we started to play some games. During a quick break, Chris stops me. "Mike, remember that I told you about my bedwetting problem". I nodded my head. "Well, I started having some dry nights", he continues. "My mother said that I can stop wearing diapers when I'm dry for one week straight". "Hopefully that will be really soon". As much as I was happy for Chris, I was a bit ashamed for myself. Now I was able to fully comprehend how brave Chris was in confiding with me.

The day went by and soon it was time for bed. After using the bathroom, I went to my room. But my room was occupied, my mother was sitting on my bed. "Come sit down", she told me. I sat down next to her. "I know that the doctor said that we need to wait on your bedwetting", she said. "But I was talking to Mrs. Cooper and she mentioned that we try a bedwetting alarm for you". "WHAT", I yelled, YOU TOLD MRS. COOPER ABOUT MY ACCIDENTS". "No, I just mentioned that one of my boys, she thought it was Bill", she said. "But I got you one to try".

She proceeded to open the shopping bag that was next to her. She pulled out a Malem alarm and a package of underwear. She then explained to me how the alarm works. There's a base that you'll wear around your arm, that's what will make the beeping sound. Then there's 2 wires that will snap together. One will be inside your underwear and the other on the outside. When those two snaps connect, whether it's together or with wetness, the alarm rings. To help avoid any irritation from the metal, you'll need to wear two pairs of underwear. Once you start to wet yourself, the alarm will ring. It should wake you up to finish peeing in the toilet. But if not, there's a second wireless piece that will be placed in my room, and I'll come change you.

After she explained it to me, I asked her about the new underwear. "Mrs. Cooper told me that there may be times that the alarm will ring and I'll have to bring you to the bathroom". "You won't even realise that this happened and you'll think that you had a dry night". "Therefore, she suggested that I get you briefs with different designs on them, so you'll know when you have had an accident". "I thought that you would be ashamed to wear briefs with pictures on them, so I got some solid colored and striped ones instead". "And the best part about them is, that you won't be able to see any pee stains on them". I just nodded my head, feeling ashamed.

She then told me to take off my white briefs and try the new ones on. I was embarrassed to be naked in front of my mother, but did it anyways. I took off my white ones and put on a red pair. On top of that I wore a blue and green striped one. My mother then helped me put on the alarm. It felt really weird, but I may just need some time to get used to it. My mother then kissed me goodnight and told me to stay dry. As she was leaving the room, I begged her to keep it a secret from my brothers. "I'll try", she said.

I spent the next 10 minutes staring at the mirror, checking the whole contraption out. I got to say, I liked the look of these briefs better than the tighty-whities. Color beats out white. But I still felt babyish. I climbed into bed, thinking if I feel babyish in just colored briefs and a bedwetting alarm, how would I feel with diapers. That was my final thought as I drifted off to dreamland.