Ch. 1 - Beverly Crusher

Ch. 1 – Beverly Crusher

"Ethics" Episode

10-Forward's POV

A woman in a blue medical uniform walks into 10-Forward. She and friends have arranged a weekly meeting to relax and talk bad about their senior officers.

She walks up to a table with a Bolian male, Andorian female, and Bajoran male.

"Hey guys."

"Hey Melina." Everyone says.

The Andorian female, Tiera, speaks first. "How is Lieutenant Worf?"

"He is terrible. He plans to kill himself. Apparently a Klingon, that cannot walk is useless."

The Bolian Male, Ganor speaks up next. "Did Dr. Beverly Killer find a way to save him?"

They all look at each other and laugh.

"Guys it is not funny." Says Melina. "I tried to offer my expertise, but she does not want it."

Flashback to Sickbay

"Melina I do not know what to do. If I do not find a way to fix Worf's spine he will end his life."

"Dr. Crusher I have an idea." Melina pulls out her tablet.

"I have tried everything."

"Doctor, the people of Antares III have a treatment, where they are able to use dna to rebuild any body part. They just joined the federation. And they would probably do the operation, because it would be their first Klingon experiment." Melina smiles with the information she spent hours researching for in her free time. Dr. Crusher looks away from her, not hearing anything she said.

"I just worry about little Alexander."

"I know Doctor, but with this surgery we could fix Worf instantly, we would just have to meet with an Anterian ship."

"I am sorry Melina. I am just useless in this state, I am going to go to my quarters. Kieko should be bringing Molly by, she needs her vaccinations. Handle it for me. I will save Worf."

Melina stares slackjawed as the doctor leaves.

Back to 10-Forward

Everyone laughs again at hearing another story.

Tiera says, "You are so optimistic Melina, believing that she would listen. If she is almost getting us killed, she is coddling Wesley. She practically kills more patients then she saves."

Ikas, the bajoran male, says "That is why we call her Dr. Killer."

Melina shakes her head, and they continue having drinks, and a good time.