Truth or Death

Phase 1

Norway 1990, a beautiful little girl ran excitedly through the swaying grasses along the way. "What's the next lesson that Alberto is going to give today?" Sophie asked on her way home from school. Sophie, the blonde, blue-eyed girl who had now found a new and perhaps strange pleasure in studying philosophy. She discovered her new passion after receiving an anonymous letter that read "What is life?", "Who am I?", "Do we really exist?". By following his curiosity, he arrives at this new passion and is accompanied by the teacher who taught him through the newspaper, Alberto Knox.

After arriving at her yard, Sophie rushed to check the mailbox in her yard. She opened each letter one by one and focused on the one she was looking for. "To Sophie.......to Sophie" she muttered as she opened all the letters. "Ahhh this is it." She put the red letter into her bag and entered the house while keeping an eye on the surroundings. "What's our lesson today?" Sophie said as she opened the letter and read it in her room. The title was in large print and contained only one word, one name to be precise, Socrates. "Well, after we've explored the thoughts of the early natural philosophers who put their minds and souls into the natural world and the existence of all beings, we're going to say goodbye to Democritus and company. We will meet the most influential person in the world from life to death, whose thoughts remain timeless. Meet Socrates. ......" Before she had finished reading all the letters and philosophy lessons, he was suddenly sucked in somewhere. White light surrounded him, all bias could not be seen clearly except for the white dot at the end.

"Duggg..." Sophie was knocked unconscious. She woke up when an old man approached her and woke her up. "Hey... young lady, are you okay?" the old man said as he held her on his lap. "Where is this?" "And who are you?" Sophie asked confused. "I don't know where this is either, but one thing's for sure, you're not from here, are you?" Asked the old man in turn. "Who are you? Isn't this Norway? All these sights and buildings look familiar to me." Sophie said half-awake and tried to get up from her sleep. "I guess you're not from this part of the world either. For now, all we know is that we're not from here at all. By the way, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Alberto, Alberto Knox." At the sound of that name, Sophie got up from her seat and instantly realized it was like seeing a ghost or something she couldn't believe. "You...you're Alberto? The one who mentored me and wrote to me every day? You're Alberto Knox?" Sophie said in a choked voice. Chuckling and looking down, Alberto said, "What else do you want to write in the story of our lives? If you say so, you are definitely Sophie, Sophie Amundsen." The unexpected encounter between teacher and philosophy student added to the confusion on both sides. Everyone was thinking hard to digest the events that had happened so quickly. What? Where? Why? And all the question words came to mind.

After a while, they ventured to open up to each other. Answering question after question that had been lodged in the curiosity chamber. Discussing and exchanging ideas to connect the chronology and views of all parties. Until they came to a conclusion that they were in another world, or perhaps in a different time or era when they last lived. "Alright, now we try to observe and study our surroundings. We can't just sit here and wait as if we're resigned to fate. No, that's not the path a philosopher would choose and take." Alberto said, motivating Sophie to get up and begin her journey to find the answers to her confusion. "Let's hurry, we can't be defeated by this. Otherwise, Democritus and the others will laugh at us." She said excitedly and tried to get up and start walking from that place.

The journey began, they followed a path that was already sloping. It was a sign that the road was often passed. While going up and down the hills, into the forest and almost lost in the abyss of thought. They arrived at a hill, savannah or maybe to be precise. The wind blew as if to welcome them, stroking as if to chase away fatigue and also fresh as if to quench their thirst. However, both pairs of eyes were only focused on one thing from the start. "Finally, it's a settlement." Sophie pointed in the direction of the settlement. "Soon, we might be able to breathe a sigh of relief. But we must also remain vigilant of all the things that will happen. Be prepared." Alberto said with a warning. "Of course, especially since I feel a little strange here. You also saw the structure from a distance, right? It's definitely not a familiar building to me, plus there are ruins and everything is centered on one large building in the middle." "We'll find out soon enough." Alberto said as he began to search again in the direction of the settlement that the two of them were heading towards. With a glimmer of hope in sight, and with a little embrace from the goddess Fortuna, they began to walk.

The road widened, the surroundings became more familiar, and plantations could be seen. A sign that they had entered a human habitation area. "Look." Sophie's index finger pointed at the farmers working in the wheat fields. "What are those clothes? Aren't they embarrassed and itchy wearing only a piece of cloth? Let's go over." Sophie continued, inviting Alberto. "Wait, don't be rash. I don't want us to get arrested because we look different. And we don't know if we'll be able to communicate with them. We have a lot of calculations to make." Alberto said, giving further consideration to Sophie. "But we'll just be consumed by time and curiosity. And with hunger and thirst coming, I can't take it anymore." She said with a stern tone. "Alright, let's try talking to the man on the other side." The man Alberto was referring to be a middle-aged man with white cloth clothes and a white beard that glistened from a distance. "let's go."

As the tree came closer, the old man came into view. He was sleeping in the shady shadow of the tree. With a small stick beside him, and a small bag that he used as a cushion to support his head. Step by step, the man's figure became clearer until he was awakened by their arrival. "Excuse me sir, we are strangers on a journey and..." "You!!!" Alberto shouted in surprise, cutting Sophie off. "Don't tell me you're Socrates."