(𝐈) 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

THE CRYING NEVER STOPPED. Tissues filled practically all of the bins and buckets that could be found in the bedroom, she couldn't bring herself to leave it besides to refill her glass with water from the bathroom sink. Yet it seemed that no matter how much she drank, her throat still burned when she sobbed.

Katherine felt violently ill - she couldn't bring herself to eat the food she could smell being placed outside of the main door. The vile substance crawled up her throat if she even thought of anything edible.

It all felt pointless to her.

The days had seemed to drag on for hours, yet at the same time the sun never seemed to rise nor did it seem to set long after the other had occurred.

She missed everyone, yet her heart and her mind were at a constant battle, her heart ached for those whom she loved, yet her brain told her that it was not the right thing to do, that they had hurt her, and if she went out to seek the ones who had not then she was bound to face those who had.

It made her upset to know that she was being cowardly, not able to face those who had hurt her, yet it felt she was dealing with an everlasting struggle internally. She had barricaded the door ages ago, drawing the curtains to keep herself away from them, as much as she knew they could easily enter, she prayed they would not and that they'd respect her privacy.

Katherine lifted the glass to her lips, the coolness of the liquid trickling down her throat as she drank. Then her grasp upon the fragile object loosened as she felt an arm upon her shoulder, the crash of the glass against the wood made her vision shaky as it seemed to vibrate for a split second before it returned to normal.

Turning around, almost giving herself whiplash, she was met with a familiar face - Jack.

'Jack?' She cried, her voice shaky and hoarse as she pulled him into her arms, sobbing into his shoulder, her mind not yet recognising him as quickly as her heart did.

'Hey darlin'.' He smiled, attempting to conceal his thirst for the blood flowing through her veins.

She retreated for a moment, pulling back as she looked him over, 'You left.' Katherine spoke bluntly.

He breathed in deeply, his eyes flickering around the grand room, remembering the last time he was here and how it ended in a dent in their relationship, 'I found some people who can help us, Katherine. I found people who want to help us, to help you.'

'They are helping me.' She spoke, confused as to what he was blabbering on about.

'Your gift, Katherine. I'm talking about your gift.' He raised his voice a little, as if she was not listening to him.

The girl grimaced, she noticed the subtle differences he showed since she had last seen him, both times he was a vampire, yet now he seemed more sinister in his mannerisms, in the way he held himself, 'What do you mean they aren't helping me with my gift? They've been searching non-stop, they still care... Even if I shut them out-!' She panicked at the end of the sentence, realising that she may have been too harsh on them all, too cruel.