Closer

Turning towards the other, Neuvillette grabbed onto Wriothesley's shoulder and growled in his ear with a sultry, low voice.

"I hope you're ready for what's to come, Puppy." He smirked. "Because you're mine now." Releasing Wriothesley's shoulder, Neuvillette grabbed the dark haired male's hand and led him away at a brisk pace.

Wriothesley wasn't quite sure he was ready. He figured that wouldn't matter as soon as Neuvillette got his hands on him. This would be a challenge both physically and mentally, and he was looking forward to where it would take him.

With their slightly rushed feet tapping against the tile floor, the two continued towards Neuvillette's quarters. Recently, work had been piling up, so Neuvillette hardly got to use his bed and often fell asleep in his chair.

Though, now, he wasn't sure he'd leave it for the next week and a half. Truthfully, Neuvillette had begun to miss his bed, but now, being able to have Wriothesley with him under the silk sheets got him excited.

Honestly, if they weren't going to take breaks every now and then, Neuvillette may have begin to associate Wriothesley's scent with sex, so he was glad the other suggested tea every few rounds.

"I was already yours." Wriothesley pointed out, his voice not as level and suave as he would have liked. "But, you're welcome to keep reminding me."

"I know, I just like saying it to you. I think it makes the both of us feel good."

That had Wriothesley laugh a bit,the familiar burst of fondness Neuvillette often made him feel mixing in with his already complicated mixture of emotions - all pleasant, of course.

"It does make me feel good." Wriothesley agreed.

"You're such a flatterer, you know that?" If he had any more of an ego, this would all surely be going to his head. Not that Wriothesley thought Neuvillette's attraction to him had all that much to do with his looks or anything like that.

No, this was... Love, wasn't it? It went so far that his dragon was choosing him, even though Wriothesley was mortal and only had a limited time.

All the more reason to be so very good to him (and for him) in the precious moments they had.

"A flatterer? I suppose that means you enjoy my 'words of love'?" Neuvillette smiled, rubbing his thumb over the back of Wriothesley's hand. The other's skin was surprisingly soft, though it still had some roughness to it.

Neuvillette wanted so badly to rush forward, to get into his bed and ruin Wriothesley to soothe the internal, burning itch and throb of his heat. But, if he had gone on this long, why couldn't he go on longer? He wanted to make this enjoyable for Wriothesley too.

He squeezed Neuvillette's hand tightly, his heart beating faster now that they were almost at their destination.

"I think I'll really enjoy being able to touch your mark whenever we're apart, to feel that we're connected." Awfully romantic, but that was another side of him that Neuvillette brought out.

"Touch the mark? Sure. Oh, right. Something a little fascinating that you might like to know is the mark will be blue, and when I think about you, it'll have a faint glow. So, that might be hard to hide with makeup or paint." Neuvillette smiled.

"Wriothesley, you know.." Neuvillette started, looking up at the ceiling as they got closer to the second floor. "I love you." He admitted, glancing at Wriothesley before staring ahead at the door to his room.

Really, the only reason Wriothesley wasn't already kissing Neuvillette was that it seemed imperative they make it to complete privacy before Wriothesley accidentally did something that made Neuvillette rip off his clothes right then and there.

"I wouldn't mind if you bit.. it could be your way of marking me too." Neuvillette added.

"Noted. It's a good thing you always cover so much skin. I could mark you all over, even if it wouldn't be lasting.. I'd have to do it all over again in a week or so." It was a thought that crossed Wriothesley's mind quite a lot, and one he definitely enjoyed.

Listening to Wriothesley's endearing threat, he smiled. "Honestly.. I'd appreciate it. Though I'm sure Miss Furina would have a few questions, don't you think?" Neuvillette asked, opening a door to the stairway that would lead them even closer to complete privacy.

"It's not like she won't be the first to know anyway, right? I wouldn't be surprised if she could sense it. Hopefully she approves of me as your choice of mate."

"If she doesn't approve, that's her problem. You're mine, and I'll keep telling you that." Neuvillette took a set of keys out of his pocket.

"Wriothesley, you know.." Neuvillette started, looking up at the ceiling as they got closer to his room. "I love you." He admitted, glancing at Wriothesley before staring ahead at the door to his quarters.

Normally, Wriothesley would have been able to banter back effortlessly enough. Even as impatient as he was to get to the main event, the conversation was doing wonders to ground him, and he always enjoyed every moment he got with Neuvillette. But when he said those three words, Wriothesley could almost feel his brain short-circuit.

His breath got stuck in his chest for a long beat, and then he exhaled. He'd known, of course he had, but hearing it was a different thing entirely. No one had ever said that to him in any context. It sounded almost alien, and for a moment, his ever-reliant words had failed him. A flood of overwhelming feelings, so utterly peaceful and simple and yet so deeply complex. All from three words, spoken by his mate. The Hydro dragon. Neuvillette.

His grip on Neuvillette's hand tightened until it would have likely been painful for a human. Then, he took another steadying breath. "Yeah," Wriothesley whispered. "I know. I love you too." He smiled softly.