- Nᴏ Oɴᴇ Uɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅs -

Clay said he was going to he back in an hour. He was suppose to drive Viva home with Rhonda, it would take him an hour, and come back. It was the deal.

John Dory was tapping his fingers nervously around the bottle he was holding. It was empty, he had already drank the whole thing. It was pretty late and the party in Trolls' village was over, every troll was going back home to rest.

Only, his home was not there.

Branch, his baby brother, walked up to him. His black hair almost invisible in the darkness of the night, but changed to its blue color when he reached the spot the lamp above their heads was covering.

- You can always stay at my bunker tonight, he said.

But he did not understand. No one understands. The bunker was not his home, neither was any of the pods that the trolls proposed him to stay at. He would not sleep anywhere but inside of the safety of his home, his precious critter-van. Rhonda.

- No thanks, he almost whispered, still he had been pouting in silence for the last hour and the sudden sound of his own voice scared him.

Another troll joined Branch's side. The queen of the village, Poppy, that also happened to be Bitty B's partner. She looked a bit upset to see him sitting there, pouting like a child, alone in the freezing, fresh air of this autumn night.

- You can't stay there, you're gonna catch a cold, she attempted to be the voice of reason.

John Dory frowned, his bottom lip poking out. He would not move, not until Clay came back with Rhonda. She really thought he would just forget ? That he would just betray her and sleep in another bed even though he spent the 30 last years with this one critter for only friend ?

John Dory had never been seperated from his armadillo van for that long in years, and he was not prepared for it. Even though he was a survivalist, his plans always included Rhonda, he had no idea what his life would be without her.

No one understands.

Branch just waved his hand in front of his eyes and he looked up at him, finally.

- Hey John, everything is gonna be cool, Clay is gonna come back with Rhonda soon, alright? But please get some rest... he gestured to the bench, you been sittin' there for like... the last three hours.

- Three hours is not that long, he shrugged, not caring. He could have waited for days if he had to, until Clay came back with HIS critter.

Branch looked over at Poppy still at his side; John Dory would not get up from that bench.

- Guys, it's fine, I'm gonna wait with him.

- Are you sure, Floyd ?

The secound youngest child with pink hair nodded; if big brother John Dory needed comfort he would provide it. It wasn't something new for him to comfort his brothers even for what seemed to be ridiculous things.

- We'll bring you guys blankets, just in case, Poppy told him.

John Dory didn't even flinched when Floyd sat down next to him and side hugged him. They would wait together.

...

It was when the sun rised on Trolls Village that Clay came back, alone, walking.

He walked to whole way back to the village.

John Dory had jumped from the bench pushing the blankets off [which they ended up on Floyd], excited to finally see Rhonda after a sleepless night.

Poppy was already up, chatting with Clay and Branch. John did not bother to welcome Clay back, he didn't even heard the conversation because why would he need to ? he had put his trust into Clay. He would bring back Rhonda like he had promised.