𓆰 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐨.

THE CASTLE IS LARGE, LARGER than Amara had originally perceived it to be

She and Caius have been walking for about ten minutes now, and she can only wonder so much how much farther it really is.

"Caius, exactly how far is this place?" She finally asks, glancing up at him.

Caius looks down at her, a smile immediately appearing on his face. "We're nearly there." He answers.

Their hands are still connected, and neither of them desire to let go.

"This place isn't designed for humans, is it?" Amara wonders if everything is this far away in the castle, every room spaced far out from each other. It would make sense, if their hearing is so sensitive, she supposes.

"Not really. Though there are shortcuts that the secretaries use. You can use those, they are much quicker." He tells her.

"You have human workers in a castle full of vampires, right?" She asks, remembering the secretary in the lobby, and a questioning smile now appears on her lips — Caius can't help glancing down at them briefly before he answers.

"We do." His eyes return back to hers.

"Is that safe? And are they aware? She continues to ask, because their lifestyle is still incredibly interesting and so new to her.

"They're certainly aware, they took the job for a reason; they wish to become one of us. But most will not get what they desire." Caius lightly smirks.

One of Amaras eyebrows quirks up. "And so you kill them, I'm assuming?"

Caius nods. "They only become a liability after so long, darling."

"Oh, I'm sure." Amara agrees, trying not to have a visceral reaction to the name he just called her. "So, who gets to drink them? Is it like a raffle?"

An amused laugh escapes Caius, and Amara thinks he looks gorgeous when he laughs with his crinkled eyes and tilted head. She finds herself slightly admiring him, and she doesn't mind doing it.

"No, it is not like a raffle, love." Caius answers, his voice budding with amusement still. "Aro, Marcus and I are are the only ones who are allowed to kill them, and we are the only ones to drink from them."

"Oh, okay. That makes sense." Amara says with a nod. "So, do you three do rounds of rock paper scissors to decide?"

"We tend to share." Caius answers and then his eyes sweep across Amaras body momentarily, though she doesn't notice, too busy looking a bit confused.