(𝐈) 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𓆩☀𓆪

𓆩☀𓆪

SHE AWOKE WITH HER HEAD POUNDING, feeling violently ill.

Her throat felt scratchy as she breathed, swallowing her saliva, hoping it would sooth it, her neck ached and stung as the cold air dug into what she assumed to be two puncture marks on the side of the sensitive skin.

'Katherine?' A familiar voice spoke to her, one of the ones she had yearned to hear for so long, she blinked slowly as her eyelids rose, taking in her surroundings, outside of the cell bars, she saw soft, blonde, shoulder-length hair and a small, tired smile coming from the man.

'Caius?' The girl's voice was hoarse and scratchy against her throat, tickling it in an unpleasant way, like a cactus was being slid down her throat as she stared at him in shock, the blonde's eyes softened as he noticed her condition that she was in, a frown forming clearly on his perfect lips.

'Oh, what have they done to you, amore.' He spoke softly, kneeling down as he moved his hand through the bars, yet as his fingertips grazed her cheek...

She felt no touch.

'Caius?' She asked again, this time confused as she retreated back, shuffling along the uncomfortable ground.

'Caius?' Another voice asked, yet this time from behind her, she turned quickly, almost giving herself whiplash before she noticed that it was only Liam, so Katherine moved back to see-, 'Why did you say Caius?' He asked again, this time his eyebrows furrowed and eyes hardened.

'Nothing, I- I- Uhm, I just thought I saw someone.' She explained, yet his eyes only softened for a moment, his hard stare aimed where she looked.

'We both know you've got more to tell me than that.' He frowned, sitting down next to her, 'You thought you saw one of the Kings.'

Katherine felt torn, she wanted to tell her dad about her beautiful love she had for her kings, yet she worried he would turn against them then against her for ever being with Vampires, if she told him about the things they had kept from her... She dreaded to think about what he would say, 'Yeah- I- I think I did, he's a friend of mine.' She smiled meekly, yet at her words, her chest seemed to explode with pain as she held it, leaning forward.

Liam leapt forward towards her placing his hand on her shoulder as he scanned her over, checking for any additional injuries, yet he found none, and so he realised, 'You're mated.' He spoke, the words falling from his mouth as his eyes softened, knowing how dire the pain felt.

'Not just to him.' She whispered, her lips wobbling as she cried, wishing she had never shut them out, despite the horrible things they had done, she realised now that they had only done it to protect her from the paranoia it would've given her.

His eyebrows furrowed, trying to connect the dots, to solve the puzzle, it only took him a few moments to work it all out, 'To all three.' Liam breathed, his eyes wide as the realisation hit him like a ton of bricks, 'You're the Queen.' His own lips trembled as they formed the smile he hoped they would do as pride rushed through his entire being.