16: "Family Ties and Tangles."

Avneet's firm gaze softened as she shifted her attention from Siddharth to the distressed Samar. Immediately, she scooped him into her arms, cradling him with a tenderness only a mother could provide. Samar, nestled against her chest, clung to her with tiny hands, his cries gradually subsiding into gentle sobs.

Avneet: (Softly) Shh, my little love, don't cry. Mommy is here.

The room filled with the soothing murmur of Avneet's voice as she whispered comforting words to her upset son. Samar, finding solace in his mother's warmth, nestled closer, his tear-stained face resting against her shoulder.

Avneet: (Gently) What happened, baby? Why are you upset?

In his adorable baby language, Samar began his tale of woe. His expressive gestures and incoherent words painted a vivid picture of the breakfast battle, where his adamant refusal to eat without his mother had led to a series of amusing yet futile attempts by his brothers and father.

Samar: (Baby talk, gesturing animatedly)

Avneet listened attentively, her heart swelling with a mix of amusement and maternal affection. Samar's complaints about his breakfast ordeal and his attempts to convey his father's mischief unfolded like a precious story told in the language of innocence.

Avneet: (Smiling) Oh, sweetheart, Daddy played a trick on you?

Samar, with a pout on his tiny face, nodded in affirmation. Avneet, understanding every word despite the baby language, continued to caress his back soothingly.

Avneet: (Adoringly) Poor thing, my brave little boy.

As the mother-son duo shared their secret language, the older siblings, Ansh, Vansh, and Sanaya, observed the heartwarming scene with admiration.

Ansh: (Whispering to Vansh and Sanaya) Look at Mom and Summer, they're adorable.

Vansh: Mom handles everything with a supermom touch.

Sanaya: (Chuckles) And Samar is her adorable accomplice.

Siddharth, trying to maintain a low profile, silently attempted to leave the room. However, Vansh, the mischievous one, thwarted his father's escape with a mischievous grin.

Vansh: (Stopping Siddharth) Papa, where are you going? Your breakfast is still left.

Siddharth, caught in the act, shot Vansh a playful glare, realizing he was now in the line of fire. Avneet, sensing Siddharth's attempt to evade the situation, redirected her attention from Samar.

Avneet: (Firmly) Siddharth, you're not going anywhere. We need to talk about this.

Siddharth, now fully aware of the impending storm, returned to the scene with an apprehensive expression. Samar, still in his mother's arms, gave his father a disapproving look, his tiny brows furrowed in evident displeasure.

Samar, still sniffling, looked up at his mother with teary eyes. Avneet's fingers gently wiped away the remnants of his tears as she continued to cradle him with motherly warmth.

Avneet: (Firmly, addressing Siddharth) Siddharth, what was that about? Wild cat? Really?

Siddharth, attempting a nonchalant demeanor, responded with a nervous chuckle.

Siddharth: (Awkwardly) Avneet, it's just an old nickname. No big deal.

Avneet: (Raised eyebrow) Old nickname? Siddharth, that was our teenage banter, not something to bring up during breakfast.

Siddharth, realizing the depth of his blunder, nervously glanced at the kids. Vansh and Sanaya exchanged wide-eyed looks, sensing that something entertaining was about to unfold.