Chapter one . . .

Y/N had been a steadfast companion to the Stray Kids since their early days, her bond with them rooted in her long-standing friendship with Bang Chan from childhood. Yet, her interactions with Han Ji-sung, commonly known as Han, were consistently stormy. They frequently clashed, their heated disputes sometimes growing so intense that the other members had to step in.

During one particularly heated exchange, Y/N and Han's voices rose in anger.

"Why do you always have to be so stubborn, Han?" Y/N exclaimed, frustration evident in her voice.

Han retorted sharply, "Me? Stubborn? You're the one who never listens to reason!"

Their argument, which had begun over a minor issue, quickly escalated, their words echoing loudly in the room. The tension in the room grew as Y/N and Han faced each other, their voices brimming with emotion.

Y/N, her voice tinged with annoyance, shot back, "It's not about being right or wrong, Han! It's about understanding each other's perspectives!"

Han, visibly agitated, responded, "But you never even try to see things from my side. You just assume you're always right!"

"I do try to understand you, Han! But you make it so difficult with your stubbornness!" Y/N argued, her voice laced with frustration.

Han, his expression a mix of anger and exasperation, shot back, "And you think you're so easy to deal with? You're just as headstrong!"

Their voices rose higher, each trying to outdo the other, their words sharp and unyielding. It was clear that their argument was reaching a boiling point, with neither willing to back down or soften their stance. Chanbin and Bang Chan had to step in, fearing it might get physical.

"Enough!" Bang Chan shouted, pulling Y/N away. "This is getting out of hand. You both need to cool off."

Y/N, breathing heavily with anger, allowed herself to be led away. Despite her frustration, a part of her knew that Bang Chan was right. These fights with Han were draining, yet she couldn't help but get pulled into them time and time again.

As they walked down the hallway, Bang Chan suggested, "Let's go outside for some fresh air. It might help you calm down."

Y/N walked in silence, her mind a whirlwind of the fiery words exchanged with Han. Unbeknownst to her, Han's emotions were tangled in a complexity she hadn't perceived. He harbored a secret affection for Y/N, which intensified their every interaction. This was further complicated by what he perceived as Y/N's growing interest in Felix, another Stray Kids member. Han felt torn, caught between his concealed feelings and Y/N's apparent unawareness.

As they strolled through the cool night, Y/N was accompanied by Bang Chan. Her thoughts were deeply immersed in her volatile relationship with Han.

"Are you okay, Y/N? You seem lost in thought," Bang Chan asked gently, noting her distant demeanor.

Y/N sighed, "I just don't get it, Chan. Why do Han and I always end up in these arguments? There's something... I can't quite put my finger on it."

Bang Chan listened intently as Y/N continued, her words laced with confusion and a hint of frustration.

"It's like, ever since we met, Han has always seemed to have something against me," Y/N vented, her voice tinged with exasperation. "I just don't understand why. What did I ever do to him?"

Bang Chan nodded thoughtfully, understanding the complexity of the situation. "I've noticed that too, Y/N. But maybe it's not about you doing something wrong. Sometimes people react strongly because they're dealing with their own emotions."