2

Any time Laz signs it will be in bold. 🤙🏾

I opened my eyes and slowly sat up and scratched my locs through my loc tube scarf thingy, I've had locs for a while still don't know what to call it, and yawned

I opened my eyes and slowly sat up and scratched my locs through my loc tube scarf thingy, I've had locs for a while still don't know what to call it, and yawned. I looked over at my new roommate whom I just met like 2 days ago. He's cute.

Nah he's fine. I was told not to get involved with my roommate though and who's to say he even likes brown skin, fit niggas, with locs, that are deaf?

He did say he wanted to pull the deaf niggas though so...

Nah he was really cool though and I could see us becoming good friends. I don't have many. Well, I don't have any. The only person I talk to is my brother and I'm he's annoying as hell. So serious Al the time like lighten up hoe. I chuckled to myself wondering what it sounded like and did it again hoping that I could hear it. I know I can't but I like to try. I like the way laughing feels. It makes my neck vibrate and it makes me happy. I feel like to other people I sound like a monster though. Like a zombie or something.

I put my house shoes on and got out of bed walking to our bathroom. I owed and brushed my teeth thankful that school didn't start for another week or week or two. Good! I had all of the things I needed to go to class too. My MacBook was going to record and translate everything back to me in words so I could understand what was said. Then I could highlight parts that I wanted to keep for notes or to at I felt was important. No, I didn't have hearing aids or cochlear implants. Couldn't afford them and my mother never put me on insurance so I'm just walking around deaf to the World. Literally...

For me though? I'll need the implants because my hearing was bad. Like nonexistent bad. Like shit wasn't even muffled for me it was gone. I couldn't hear birds chirping, or doors closing, gunshots, explosions, nothing. Not that I've tried some of those out...well I've tried the gunshot out before...

That's a story for another time. Like I said I had a terrible as momma never knew my dad and I was a lonely deaf kid being abused. I was tired.

I'm good now though and I actually still talk to her even though she was abusive. Well, I do it sometimes.

I walked out of the bathroom but not before looking at myself in the mirror I'm really fine as hell. That's crazy. I put my locs on the top of my head and took a picture before posting it on my page.