The Start

Poppy watched as Branch stormed away in anger with a frown.

Yes, she may not exactly get along with the (unfortunately good-looking) grey troll, but she did want him to come. Every troll deserved happiness after all, and despite the older being so defensive, she would help him find his happiness.

It seemed like Creek had noticed her frown because he started talking to her, assuring her that some trolls just don't want to be happy.

"I guess..." She said, looking to the side with an uncertain smile.

"You guessed right. Boop!" Creek said with a smile, before bringing a finger to her nose and booping it.

They began to walk away, intending to get ready for the party tonight but instead, they were knocked out and teleported into a large room, separated by a thick panel of glass.

On one side, the Trolls, on the other, the Bergens.

There were plenty of trolls, some looking different from the pop trolls.

Silently, a figure entered the troll area, shrinking down and walking to a table, grabbing a paper out of thin air, and began writing on it. Soon after, they finished and left it where someone would notice it immediately. Then they disappeared, reappearing on the Bergens' side, now taller, and did the same thing.

After that, they grinned and disappeared.
________________________

Slowly, a troll woke up, looking around blurrily until they spotted the still-sleeping Bergens, slowly processing it before they screamed, waking up the rest of the trolls.

The rest woke up quickly, looking at the one who was screaming before turning to look at what they were looking at, quickly panicking too, running away to hide under anything they could find.

Once Poppy finally came to her senses, she looked around and saw the piece of paper that was left. Quickly running towards it, she picked it up and began reading it, eyes scanning it, before breathing a sigh of relief.

Taking a deep breath, she yelled to gather the attention of the panicking trolls, who were still running and hiding.

Once she had everyone's attention, she explained exactly what was happening, according to the letter.

"Everyone! Calm down! This paper explains what we're going to do!" She shouted once everyone had quieted down.

Soon enough, she began reading the letter out loud.

"Hello, Trolls. Today, you will be reacting to the future with the Bergens. Negotiation is not optional. No harm will come to you while you are in here. To be more specific about the future, you will be reacting to Branch and Princess Poppy. However, if it's relevant, you will also be reacting to the past as well." Poppy read out loud, catching the attention of certain trolls.

"Princess Poppy! Are we really not going to be hurt?!" A random Troll asked, leading others to agree as they looked at each other in fear, not noticing how Branch got up quickly, gathering random pieces of furniture to begin building something.

"Wait, did she just say Branch?" An unnoticed troll with pink hair asked, sitting with most of his brothers.

Some trolls turned to look for Branch, wondering why they would be watching the grey troll, only to spot him building an elaborate hiding spot with random pieces of furniture.

"Hey, uh, Branch? What are you doing?" Poppy asked curiously, ignoring the random pop trolls who either rolled their eyes or laughed at him, which Branch ignored in favor of checking the stability of the hiding spot.