Chapter 6: Shattered Dreams

The air was tense as Yn and Jungkook sat across from each other at the kitchen table, surrounded by the documents they had meticulously prepared for the adoption agency. Excitement and nerves danced in the room, eager for the possibility of expanding their family.

Yn: "Jungkook, this is a big step. Are you ready for the responsibilities that come with it?"

Jungkook: (nodding) "I'm ready, Yn. We'll provide a loving home, and our child will grow up surrounded by love and care."

As they finalized the paperwork, Yn's phone rang. It was a call from the adoption agency they had been in contact with.

Yn: (answering) "Hello?"

Adoption Agency Representative: (hesitant) "Hello, Yn. This is regarding your application. Can we schedule a meeting to discuss a few details?"

Yn's brows furrowed in confusion as she agreed to the meeting. The next day, they found themselves in a small office, facing the adoption agency representative.

Agency Representative: (serious) "Yn, Jungkook, we appreciate your willingness to adopt, but during our background check, we uncovered some concerning information."

Yn: (confused) "What information?"

Agency Representative: "We discovered that Jungkook is associated with criminal activities. He's linked to a powerful criminal organization."

Jungkook: (defensive) "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a CEO, not a criminal."

Yn: (worried) "Jungkook, they must have misunderstood. We need to clarify this."

The agency representative showed them evidence linking Jungkook to the mafia, a side of him that Yn had kept hidden from the adoption process.

Agency Representative: "I'm sorry, but we cannot proceed with the adoption. Our policies prohibit placing children in homes with potential safety risks."

Jungkook: (frustrated) "You don't understand. I can provide security and a stable environment for our child. My work as a CEO—"

Agency Representative: "Your public image as a CEO doesn't align with the information we've uncovered. We cannot ignore the potential danger."

Yn felt a lump forming in her throat, torn between the love she had for Jungkook and the dreams they had envisioned for their family.

Yn: (pleading) "Is there nothing we can do? Jungkook is not just defined by his profession. He's a good man, and our home is safe."

Agency Representative: "I understand your perspective, but our priority is the well-being of the child. We cannot compromise on safety."

As they left the agency, the weight of the situation pressed upon them. Yn turned to Jungkook, her eyes reflecting a mix of sadness and determination.

Yn: "We can't let this define us, Jungkook. There are other paths we can explore, other ways to build our family."

Jungkook: (clenching his fists) "I won't let this stop us, Yn. We'll find another way."

Little did they know that this setback would test the strength of their love and resilience, pushing them to explore alternative paths to parenthood, determined to overcome the barriers that fate had thrown in their way.

To be continue....

Hey ARMY! I'm new to Wattpad and would love to connect with others. If you like my stories, please give me a follow and I'll follow you back. Let's support each other!💜