Chapter 1

"Attention, everyone. We have an important announcement. As part of your curriculum, you will all be required to undertake a two-month internship.

This will involve conducting in-depth case studies, compiling reports, and submitting them as part of your final practical exam," the lecturer announced.

"Yes, ma'am," the students echoed back in unison.

Areeba Aimen, a diligent student currently pursuing her master's degree in Nutrition and Dietetics.

Areeba had never been truly interested in Nutrition and Dietetics. However, she chose to study in this field, driven by her parents' expectations rather than her own passion.

When Areeba was just 16, her parents decided to part ways. Her mother was granted custody, as Areeba was still a minor.

After completing her bachelor's degree, Areeba decided it was time to move out and live independently.

"Ma'am, I'm concerned about the location of the hospital for my internship. It's quite a distance from my residence - approximately 11 kilometers. I'm worried about the feasibility of commuting such a distance daily for two months," Areeba voiced her concerns.

"Areeba, every decision has its consequences. If you desired a hospital closer to your residence, you should have considered appearing for the interview or the entrance exam. Dont expectus to spoon-feed you all the time," the lecturer replied sternly, her words echoing in the silent room.

A wave of disappointment washed over her.
_______________

Areeba's POV:

Can you believe it? I'm seriously contemplating journeying a whole 11-kilometers just for this internship that's as intimidating as it is appealing.

I attempted to discuss this with my mom, hoping for some guidance, but the conversation was over before it could truly begin.

My life has been a roller coaster ride of family issues since I can remember. The fallout from my parents' separation still casts a long shadow over my life, often pushing me towards solitude. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but I've learned to navigate these troubled waters.

I reside in a rented 2BHK apartment that I call home.

It might seem a bit lavish for a single occupant in such a spacious place, but I've managed to secure my finances to afford this luxury.

My source of income? An unconventional job at an online assignment help platform.

It's a world away from the traditional 9 to 5 grind, but it's a job that keeps the lights on and my savings account happy.

The surprise on people's faces when I reveal my earnings is a sight to behold.

My strategy is straightforward yet effective: answer as many questions as possible, particularly during the peak hours from 8pm to 8am. Each correct answer is a victory, fetching me a cool Rs.507. It's a number game, and I'm playing to win.

The 15th of every month is a day I eagerly await. The moment my paycheck hits the account, I can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment.

My personal record? A whopping 178 questions solved in a single month.

Despite my persuasive efforts, my lecturer remains unwavering about the hospital for my internship. It appears that this challenge is one I'll be taking head-on, starting next week. It's a daunting prospect, but I'm ready to take the bull by the horns and give it my all."

___________

Arham's POV:

"Not again Mom please I'm getting late. Aap kya har waqt meri shaadi ki baat shuru kardete hain."