chapter 47

Ailee zipped up her duffle bag and smiled proudly after overpacking all the stuff in just one bag.

She was going to stay over at Xavier's place for a few days because she was missing both Xavier and Doodles. He said he'll bring him over but hasn't been getting time.

It's been a week since that incident and Ailee was feeling much better now. There were times when she would randomly get very sad or start crying but her family and Xavier were constantly there. She talked her feelings out to him about everything that had happened and he assured her that no harm would come to her ever again.

She was utterly thankful for always having a shoulder to cry on and arms to give her a warm hug whenever she needed or wanted one.

And lately, Xavier's been out of the city a lot but he always made sure to visit her every time he returned and called her regularly to check up on her. Now he would be here for a few weeks before having to leave for work again so she decided to crash in his place instead of making him go back and forth over and over again in his already tired state.

Her phone tinged, informing her about the incoming text.

'Come down' it said.
She quickly ran downstairs along with her bag to bid her family goodbye.

She skipped her way down and saw her father talking on his phone in the living room.

"Papa, I'll miss you" she said, wrapping her arms around him from behind and he laughed, patting her petite hands that barely reached his belly.

"Is Xavier here already?" He asked, quickly ending the call when she released him and came to stand in front of him.

"Yes" she said and just on cue he entered, spinning the car keys around his finger.

"Welcome Zai," she said loudly, taking him by surprise by her excitement.

He nodded and approached them. Mr Laurent gave him a quick hug, a gesture Xavier still couldn't get used to, and Ailee smiled in awe at their cute interaction. It was so rare to see him like this.

"I was just telling papa how much I'll miss him, right?"

"You're not going for that long but if you still miss me a lot then you can come back by evening. I will take you out for ice cream" he said and whispered the last part as a bribe to make her come back sooner.

"Zai always has ice cream and chocolates in his home stocked up for me, right Mr Romano?" She rested her back on his front and he wrapped his one arm around her side to support her body weight.

"Mhmm"

"What are my kids planning without me?" Juliana said, coming down the stairs.

She smiled brightly at Xavier and pulled him in a much longer hug and even cradled them like she was hugging a toddler.

Ailee laughed and quickly made a short video to show him later.

"Romano, son, you've lost so much weight. Have you not been resting well? You look exhausted." She squished his jaw with one hand and asked worriedly.

"It was a hard week" he concluded and moved back awkwardly.

Her family is totally opposite of his entire lifestyle. Where he is habitual of being alone and fending for himself, Ailee's family are always sticking to each other and showing affection to literally everyone.

It will take him a lot of time to get used to so many people loving and caring for him but he will get there.

"Oh poor baby, why don't you come and stay here then, with us? I will cook a lot of healthy food for you. You will become fit and fine just like my Calvin" She cooed and patted her husband's almost pot belly.