Chapter 52

Ahhhh only one chapter left! I can't believe it's almost done! I'm so excited to start the sequel. Can anyone guess who it's about?! :) Sorry for any mistakes, didn't have time to edit as closely as I would have liked. Stay awesome!

"Careful! Be careful with her please!" Hudayfah ordered as the nurses helped Jenna into her wheelchair, and she laughed, looking up at him.

"Hud habibi, they are trained nurses. They know to be careful." She said teasingly, and he grinned.

"I'm just trying to be cautious! After two weeks of you being in the hospital, I don't want to risk anything that will keep you from going home!"

Jenna smiled, taking her husband's hand in her own. The past two weeks had passed by quickly and it was sort of hazy for Jenna.

She barely remembered anything.

Except for the pain.

She wouldn't be able to forget that.

She was doing a little bit better, in a few weeks she would be able to go to the doctor and get her twenty three staples removed, and she could move and bend over now without screaming out in pain Alhamdulillah.

She was just anxious to go home, and be with Hudayfah again.

To finally be able to be normal.

To have a normal life, a normal marriage, without living in fear.

They had made her talk to the hospital psychologist about what had happened. When she had first heard about the baby, she had cried a little bit but had tried to push it out of her mind. That lasted all of three days before she just absolutely lost it. It was too painful, too hard for her to bear. While she knew that she shouldn't ask why it happened to her, it would take a while for her to be able to get over it. Ever since the time her and Hudayfah had gotten stuck in the elevator, her deepest wish had been to have a family with him. And now the thought that she might not even be able to give him any children, killed her inside.

Hudayfah had tried to be supportive, tried not to show her how badly losing the baby was affecting him as well, but she knew. She knew, and it ripped her heart up. One night, after he had fallen asleep, he refused to leave her alone in the hospital, she had just cried and cried, making Duaa and praying to Allah swt like she had never prayed before. She had prayed that he help ease her and Hudayfah's pain, that he would bless them with children, that he protect anyone else from ever experiencing this gut wrenching agony. Even though she hadn't known that she was pregnant, and even though she would never get to meet their baby, she could feel the hole the loss had made.

A part of her would forever be missing.

Once when Jenna was ten, her Aunt had miscarried during her eighth month of pregnancy, and the things people had said to her, were horrible. People had no tact, had no sympathy, and it worried her that people would say those type of things to her if they ever found out.

"Jenna? Habibti are you ready?" Hudayfah asked breaking into her thoughts, and she snapped her head up, looking into her husband's face.

He had been so supportive and loving and kind through all of this. She didn't know what she would have done without him, and from this day on, she would always be thankful that Allah brought them together.

"Yes I think so. I just need my purse from the side table." She said pointing, smiling as Hudayfah lifted it up and shouldered it.

"Is that everything?"

"Yup."

He took her hand, brushing a kiss over her knuckles.

"Let's go home."