You know I'm good on my own.

You hum nothing in particular as you walk through the forest, leaves crunching below your bare feet and a soft smile on your face. The sun is shining through the leaves and the air is perfect for a grocery trip.

Pop village is about an hour walk from your home, finding the energy to make that walk is difficult at times, but not on days like this. Everything feels right in the world as butterflies collect nectar from flowers, which are swaying side to side to their own silent song. You hear music in the distance, pop music of course since you are just on the outskirts of the village.

Entering the village makes your smile wider, everyone is out and enjoying the beautiful weather while singing and dancing.

"Just shoot for the stars, if it feels right!" They began to sing, although you've heard this song a hundred times, you do enjoy it.

The pop trolls continue their song while you whistle along, but not joining. You are in a good mood, but a good mood is never enough to get wrapped up in that. Walking to the stall you get your groceries from; you sigh inwardly as you have to wait for the song to end before the owner returns. You watch and wave at the trolls who see and recognize you. You have made friends but no one ever gets too close to the weird troll without the label, the world is more accepting now of the differences that are inside of everyone, but never a you kind of different before.

Finally, the village finishes the song with the last whistle. You finally complete your shopping and decide to look around, you haven't seen one of your favorite pop trolls in a while, Queen Poppy.

Looking around for the pink troll, you spot her hair a couple feet ahead, you push through the small crowd and make your presence known.

"Poppy, hi!" You tap her shoulder from behind. Poppy squeals with excitement as she turns and picks you up into a hug.

"Y/N! I haven't seen you in years! Where have you been?!" She sets you down but grabs your hands and holds them while smiling straight into your eyes. A few others around say their hellos but shrink away.

"Poppy, I was here last week. You're being a bit over dramatic." You chuckled. "I've been at home, as always. I wanted to say hello to you before I left again, you are my closest friend, which isnt saying much." You continued with a small smile.

Poppy's smile faltered slightly; she moved one hand to your shoulder. "Y/N, I'm positive there are more trolls like you out there! I know it! Why don't you stay in the village for the night? It's getting dark and you have so far to go!" She looked at you hopefully. If you spent the night, knowing her, she would force you to scrapbook and eat sugary candy all night.

"Sorry Pops, i have to go back." You state. Poppy sighs, knowing she won't get anywhere as you've had this conversation a hundred times.

"Alright, but you have to meet my best friend first! You guys would get along really well! I promise!" She started running and tugging your arm with her. You sigh. This is Poppy. Her best friend must be a neon pink troll with glitter all over their body and never shuts up. You love Poppy, but she can be too much at times.

As Poppy continues pulling you out of the village and into the woods, you grow confused. The sun is beginning to set below the horizon and you don't have much time for this. "Um, Poppy, its getting late and i still have to walk home, should you really be this far in the forest?"

Poppy laughs. "We just got here though!" You look around confused, there is no house and no troll. Poppy kneels down. Low and behold there is a small door. She starts knocking insensately. "Branch! Come out i have someone i want you to meet!" She continues slamming on the door and calling out to Branch until the door swung open. Out peeked a bluish troll with dark blue hair and blue eyes. You noticed his crow feet and the lack of glitter.

"Poppy! Isn't it too late to be out here!?" He looks at her and glances at you. You give a small wave before nodding in agreeance to his statement.

"Branch, this is your future best friend, other than me obviously!" She gestures to you, and once again you give a small wave and a small hello. Branch smiles at you briefly.

"Thats great and all but you have to go back to the village! The bergens might be our friends now but that doesn't mean the other monsters in the forest are!" Branch shrinks into his hole with only his eyes peeking out as he glances side to side, he furrows his brows.

"But Branch, this is Y/n!" Poppy persists.

"Yeah cus i've heard of her before," he rolls his eyes. "No offense, Y/n, but what makes you so special that Poppy brought you all the way out here to meet me?" He turned his attention to you now. Looking you up and down, seemingly trying to figure out what you wanted from him. Poppy put her arm around your shoulder.

"They're a lot like you! Sarcastic, not always in the mood to be happy, kind of depressing to be around at times... but they're awesome and I know you guys will be the bestest of friends!" Poppy shakes your whole body as she low key disses you.

"Gee, thanks Poppy." You roll your eyes.

"See! Right there she did it!" Poppy lets go and points at you while jumping up and down.

"While it has been a pleasure to meet you, Branch, I have to walk home, in the dark now thanks to someone." You glare at Poppy, but she continues to smile dumbly. "I'll see you next week, Poppy. And maybe I'll catch you around, Branch." You wave bye to the both of them and run off towards home.

They watch you disappear into the darkness, as the sun had completely gone down. "I was hoping you'd convince them to stay the night." Poppy sighed and let her shoulders fall.

"I dont even know them!" Branch continued staring where you had gone. Poppy turned and smirked at him.

"It is dark now, maybe I'll have to have a slumber party in your bunker!" Branch could practically see his braided hair and painted nails. He quickly handed her a torch and a sharpened stick.

"Good luck getting back to the village!" He said as he slammed the door shut to his bunker. He could hear Poppy grunt and stomp off. He walked further into the bunker and got on his lift to descend further. He pushed his brows together, wondering what was really so special about that troll. Yeah, they were sarcastic like him but so is pretty much every other troll that wasn't pop.

Maybe he would have to find out when they return next week.