Chapter 1

"Zade, this is serious, please," I warned holding his arm.

"Okay, go on," he sighed, his posture straining.

"I think..." I paused, swallowing the lump in my throat. At first I thought that was just my intuition, that nothing was out of place. Then I started to get suspicious because I didn't just know when someone was lying or hiding something. I felt it. I felt everything. I tried to lie to myself, but I couldn't handle it anymore, "I think I got my powers."

"Oh my god," zade said in an excited voice, "jett that's amazing! How did you find? What are they?"

"They... I... I'm..."

"You're like me," Uncle warner's calm voice said, suddenly standing in front of the door, both Zade's head and mine snapping to his direction. I didn't want him here. I tried to avoid him since I discovered this. I didn't want to have this talk with him. He liked his powers. I couldn't freaking stand them.

I loved Uncle Warner. I respected him. I don't really show it, but I really looked up to him. I wanted him to like me too. I didn't want to disappoint him by saying I hate the most important thing we both have in common. But when I looked into his eyes, I felt something that made me fuel. I felt how he was somehow relieved. Happy. It made me want to cry. Cry because I hated that he was happy. Cry because I was suffering. But instead, I shifted my sadness into anger like always, lashing out at him.

"I don't want to be like you," I snapped, rounding Zade and walking up to him, "I don't want this. God, I don't want any powers at all if that's how it feels."

I saw as his jaw clench, but the look in his eyes softened. A look he never gave me. Never gave anyone. I felt how he didn't feel bad for me. He felt... understood. Satisfied. It made me feel bad.

"I want to turn it off," I said again, calmly this time, trying to control my anger, "tell me how you shut this down."

"It's not that simple, Jett—"

"Then tell me how to make it simple!" She gritted out, I felt so bad, felt so guilty about what I was doing. This was my chance to get to make him really talk to me, and I was blowing it off, "I don't want to live like this! I don't want to know what everyone's feeling. I don't want to know what everyone, even strangers who I don't care about, think about me!"

"Jett, calm down—" Zade's voice started.

"No!" I yelled again, I couldn't even hear my thoughts anymore, all I could feel was pain. Again, "don't tell me that," I took another step forward, "Uncle, please tell me how to turn this off. I don't want to know that this guy I just met thinks I'm crazy. I don't want to know that my mum feels like me and her are so different, like she can't talk to me. I don't want to feel what my dad feels when Zade complains about me being annoying, like he only scolds Zade to make me happy and stop acting out because apparently I'm too much. I don't to know how ugly someone like Ivan can feel towards other people. I don't want to know that Kai's still in pain!"

I swallowed, fighting the tears begging to come out. Moments ago, I left Emma and Kai alone with Ivan because I couldn't bear standing this close to Kai anymore. I couldn't bear feeling what he's feeling. I couldn't stand how I felt that Ivan was lying. That he didn't care one bit about someone I loved so much. I knew what I felt was right because I looked up at Uncle Warner then to check if he felt it too only to see him looking at Ivan the same way I did.