200 Cookies

"I cannot believe that you agreed to do this," Tim sighs, closing the door to Lucy's apartment behind him.

"It's a nice gesture," Lucy says, hoisting grocery bags onto her kitchen counter.

"When was the last time that Smitty ever did anything nice for you? For the both of us?" Tim asks, tapping his foot on the ground.

"He got Lauren Fuji to retire so that you could move up to metro," Lucy points out, slowly unpacking the bags.

"Doesn't count. You had to clean his RV,"

"Me baking some cookies for Smitty's retirement party is my last little gift for him before he leaves," Lucy says, preheating the oven.

"His self-thrown retirement party. Does Grey even know that he's having his party at the station?" Tim says, leaning against the counter.

"Uhh. No? By the time Grey realizes what's going on, it'll be far too late to stop Smitty,"

"Right, I want no part in this," Tim says.

"Come on, Tim. This can be our little gift to Smitty."

Tim scoffs, "It's hardly 'little'. You volunteered to make 200 cookies,"

"There's a lot of people at the station!"

Tim shook his head, "No part in this,"

"Oh come on, I know you can cook,"

"Cooking and baking are completely different things,"

"It's very hard to mess up cookies when you have a recipe,"

Tim sighed heavily,  "Fine. But don't give me any credit when Grey asks about this,"

"Perfect," Lucy smiles giddily.

~~~

"And that is the last batch," Lucy says, closing the oven door.

She strolls over to the timer hanging on her fridge. "13 minutes until we are officially done," she says, pressing buttons on the timer.

"That was way too much work for someone who does no work," Tim mutters to himself.

"Oh come on, you had fun," Lucy says, joining him on the couch.

"Maybe in the first hour. The last five seemed to drag,"

"We spent six hours baking cookies?" Lucy says, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Yes!" Tim says, sipping his beer.

"Do you want to order dinner or something? I didn't realize that it would have taken us six hours to bake cookies,"

"Absolutely," Tim says, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Sushi?"

"That sounds amazing," Lucy says. "Another beer?" she asks, standing up from the couch.

"I'm good," Tim says, reaching for the TV remote. 

"How are we going to transport all of these cookies to the station tomorrow?" Lucy asks, returning to the couch with a freshly opened beer.

"Did you mean, 'how are you going to transport the cookies to the station tomorrow?'?"

"No, I meant us. I thought you were staying over tonight?" Lucy says, taking a long sip of her beer.

Tim shrugged, "I can,"

"I mean, only if you want to. I know it wasn't planned or anything I just thought--"

"--Lucy. I would love to stay over," Tim interjects, chuckling to himself silently.

"Great," Lucy smiles.

"I just need to run back to my place to feed Kojo and grab some clothes," he says, lifting himself off of the couch. "I'll be back in a bit," he says before kissing Lucy's forehead.

"Okay," she says softly, leaning back into the couch.

~~~

A/N: heyyyy!!!!! should i continue this storyline? i feel like it would be interesting to know how grey would react to all of this. leave suggestions for more stories!!!