12

I walk past Xander avoiding eye contact , but he grabs me by one arm pulling me closer to him . I gasp , I want to shout at him , box him right in the nose and break it , I want to pin him to the ground and hit the living daylight out of him for disrespecting me . Instead I stand there our bodies inches away from each other my hands holding onto his biceps , my eyes meet his and I drown for a second or two I look at his lips and back to his chocolate brown eyes my heart evaporates . His Addams apple moves up and down as he swallows lost for words and so are mine . I rip my hands away from his grip and I harden my gaze , shut my emotions down . " That was very disrespectful of you soldier don't ever pull a stunt like that again or I will notify the regent of your actions . " I say sternly " The regent , Warner " I say . " Warner hasn't come back yet ? You don't think Anderson like actually killed him ? " I run a hand through my hair and start pacing the length of my room .

He backs away hitting a bookshelf and a book falling off . I look to him for the first time after pulling away and it looks like I just took his heart and wringed all of the life out of it by the expression on his face . I want to apologise for being so harsh in such a vulnerable moment but I say nothing . I notice the book that fell on the floor and scurry to pick it up before Xander picks it up . I hug it tightly against my chest and put it in my drawer and lock the drawer .

I just entered my quarters " Has anyone heard about Warner ?! " I shout to all of the agents . All of them shake their heads until one of them knock on my door . I'm taking Ferreras evidence board down and I'm wearing my glasses to see clearly . " Come in " I say tearing some papers and throwing it in the trash . It's Xander , and my face suddenly feels hot . " So I have leads " he says professionally . I gesture to him to take a seat and sit across from him . " So Mr Warner is being held hostage in a unknown location , the supreme commander of North America was seriously injured by madam Ferreras . "
" What "
" Yes , so that's all I have "
" You are dismissed , thank you soldier " I smile at him
He smiles back halfheartedly and heads for the door
" Xander wait " I say getting up my pearly acrylics grazing his arm and there is goosebumps where my nails grazed his skin . He looks down at his arm and hides it behind his back blushing .
" I'm sorry " I say taking a deep breath " about how I acted this morning "
" It's fine " he says his face instantly lighting up
" Why are you smiling like that soldier ? " I ask
" You just said my name " he struts out of my office leaving me confused , did he just flirt with me ?