Getting ready

Veneer felt butterflies in his stomach. A date, no...his first date! He set his phone down on the side table and shoved his face into one of his many silk pillows, letting out a small squeal. He was restless, he couldn't stop thinking about the day that awaited him. Eventually, he fell asleep, but his rest was short-lived. He woke up to Velvet screaming about her pancakes being slightly burnt. Veneer drowsily sat up, rubbing his eyes and checking his phone. He slowly stood up and made his way to the noisy kitchen.

"Ugh, Crimp! Can't you do anything right! Just go get my smoothie!" Velvet yelled.

"Morning, I take that you woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Veneer said as he opened the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"Well, I would have had a good morning if stupid Crimp would stop messing up my breakfast!" Velvet sighed as she took a seat at the dining table. Veneer just rolled his eyes and started making himself a cup of coffee.

"So do you have any plans for today?" Veneer asked over the loud sound of the coffee maker.

"Not really, probably just gonna do some shopping at the mall, what about you?" Veneer turned away in an attempt to hide his blush.

"Oh you know....just going out for lunch...."

"With someone?"

"Uh yeah.... just a friend!" Velvet looked up from her phone and gave Veneer the side eye.

"You know when you say that it's obviously a lie."

"I'm being serious! It's just that interview guy from yesterday!" Velvet stood up.

"You're going on a date with that ugly guy!?" Velvet yelled.

"He's not ugly! And it's not a date!"

"Well, I'm not giving you any dating advice!"

"Why would I need any? I'm good at flirting and like......I don't know! Being attractive!"

"Sure you are.." Veneer took Velvet's words to heart. What if he really was bad at flirting? He finished his coffee and made his way to his room to pick out an outfit. He shifted through his closet and picked out a black turtleneck and a pair of long beige pants. He took out his phone to check the time, it was 11:30. He texted Ritz.

V_Sparkles: hey ready whenever u r do u need me to pick u up?

RITZ_01: Sure can you meet me at ********* in like 15?

V_Sparkles: Yeah I can do that see u then <3

Veneer grabbed a purse that matched his outfit and put his phone into it.

"I'm heading out, Vels. Text me if you need anything!" Veneer yelled from the door. Velvet looked up from her phone.

"We have rehearsal for the rage dome show at 4, so be at the studio by then. Have fun on your date~~" Veneer rolled his eyes and walked out of the door. He made his way to where the long black limo had been waiting for him.

"Take me to ********* please." the driver nodded and made his toward the address that Veneer had given him. About 10 minutes later the driver stopped and Veneer got out. He made his way up to the apartment number that Ritz had given him and knocked on the door. He heard footsteps and then the quick turning of the doorknob.

"Hey! Wow you look great!" Ritz said as he opened the door. Veneer couldn't help but blush at the sight of Ritz. he was wearing a poofy jacket and a t-shirt of a band he had never heard of.

"I should be saying the same for you, you ready to go?"

"Yep!" Veneer grabbed Rizt's hand and they made there down to where the limbo was waiting for them.

===============================

Hi! I'm so sorry for the long wait! I was busy with Christmas stuff but i will have the next part out by tomorrow!