Chapter 14

🌻Time Skip

It has been a year since we graduated from uni. Jungkook is now the CEO of their construction firm. Being an architect myself, he convinced me to join their company. I agreed of course. Who doesn't want to work with their gorgeous and very loving boyfriend.

We seldom see Taeyeon. I heard from mom that she's busy setting up her own boutique. She's a fashion designer now. We still don't talk much just polite greetings whenever we meet at our parents house.

Everything seems perfect until they're not. Lately, Jungkook has been coming home late. Whenever I ask him he just says that he has meetings outside of the office, that his meeting with suppliers and others. I believed him because handling a big company is really hard work.

It is Friday afternoon. I drop by Jungkook's office to see if he's done for the day and maybe we can have a dinner date later. It's been a while since we had one.

I meet his secretary on my way there. "Oh Yumi, is your boss done for today?" I asked.

"Huh...oh hi Mr. Kim. Sir Jungkook did not come today. He called this morning saying he needs to go somewhere. Did he not tell you?" She looks puzzled and why not, when her boss didn't inform his boyfriend of his whereabouts.

I compose myself. "Oh, I forgot that he texted me this morning that he'll be on a lunch meeting with a client, sorry." I lied. Where did Jungkook go? And why didn't he inform me that he won't go to work today?

I go out of the building and call Jungkook on my way to the parking lot. Where could he be? His phone is off. I'm starting to worry.

As I am opening the door of my car, I see Jiminie approaching me. "Jiminie it's been a long time. How are you?" I hugged him.

"I'm fine. Tae, do you think we can have dinner and catch up?" He said looking at me intently like he wanted to tell me something.

"Of course, I was supposed to ask Jungkook to have dinner with me but he's busy." I open my car and we both got inside.

When we're settled at the restaurant. Jiminie speaks hesitantly.

"Uhmm... Tae, I don't wanna be the one to tell you this, but I've been seeing Jungkook with Taeyeon and your parents a couple of times." He said softly.

"Huh...when?" I'm shocked. Jungkook never mentioned that he was seeing Taeyeon or my parents.

"A month ago and today before I came to you, I saw them having lunch together in a restaurant." Jiminie said, there's a hint of worry in his voice.

"Ah yes I know about that." I lied. I don't want Jiminie to worry about me and think bad about Jungkook. Maybe Jungkook will tell me about it when he gets home. He will, right?

Jiminie seems to not buy it, but he still nods. We finished our food and got out of the restaurant. He calls for a cab while I drive home.

When Jungkook arrives, I am sitting on the couch. He walks towards me.

"Oh Tae, you're still awake?" He kisses my cheek.

"Where were you Kookie? I tried to call you but your phone is off." I sincerely wish he wouldn't lie to me.

"Ah yeah, it's empty batt and I forgot to charge it. I had a lunch meeting with one of our clients." He scratched his nape, a habit of him when he's nervous.

There, I can hear my heart cracks. Jungkook is lying to me. Disappointment and pain crawl inside the cracks in my heart. Why? What's going on? I don't want to doubt him. I trust him with all my heart but how can he lie? I calm myself. "Have you had your dinner?" I asked.

"Uh yeah, I'm tired. Can we go to bed now and cuddle?" He embraces me.

I can't sleep at all. Jungkook's behavior is certainly hurting me. I'm hurt because he lied to me. But why? What is the reason he's lying? Did he get tired of me already? I get out of our bedroom. Maybe I should clean the house to divert my mind from overthinking.

I enter his home office to clean it

I enter his home office to clean it. As I'm arranging his things in the drawer, I see two plane tickets and hotel reservation in Jeju Island. I hear Jungkook coming, so I immediately return the tickets and reservation inside his drawer.

"Ah Tae, I have a meeting with a client. I'll come home later." He told me while looking anywhere but me.

"But it's Saturday, I thought we can have a date today."

He kissed my lips. "Sorry love, but this is important. Tomorrow promise, I'll take you out on a date." Then he leaves the house.

I immediately follow him secretly. I call a cab and tell the driver to follow his car. I don't want him to know I am following him so I didn't use my car.

He stops at a high end jewelry store. I pay the driver and hide myself behind a car. I can see Jungkook enter the store and since it's enclosed with glass walls. I can see the people inside. I thought my heart couldn't break more but I was wrong because there inside the jewelry store, Taeyeon is fitting a ring on her finger and Jungkook looks at it with admiration in his eyes.

🌻🐰🐯🌻

Uh-oh what's happening? Is it Jungkook's turn to ruin their beautiful bond? 💞