𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

┏━━━━.˚✧˚₊ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚.━━━━┓

A NEWBORN ARMY

THE CORRIDORS WERE QUIET the evening Talullah began preparing herself for her journey to Seattle, Washington, alongside the rest of the guard. She usually hated trips like these, trips meant for her to help gather intel on a potential threat with her gift. Based on what she'd heard from Demetri about the situation, someone was clearly building an army.

Talullah's distaste for the journey was extinguished when she realized that the Cullens and their coven resided in the same American state, meaning that the answers she needed from Bella Swan would practically be within arms reach. Bella's sentiments about the young vampire seemed to play on a loop in her mind ever since that fateful day. The way the human girl seemed so positive that she correctly identified Talullah lingered with her, and the seed of doubt multiplied each time she heard Bella's voice in her head.

I mean, your mom was our little league coach and—

That silent morning as she was tucked away in her chambers, Talullah thought once more of the statements from the human girl and only hoped that this journey would allow for her get intel on not only the apparent bloodshed within rainy Seattle.

Thus, she had two goals; to see if someone truly was assembling an army of vampires, and to see if Bella Swan was actually a liar.

.˚✧˚₊

The journey to Seattle was nothing special, especially since the five Volturi guard members managed to get there in record time to survey the scene below. Talullah had never seen such pointless destruction before, staring alongside her coven mates at smoke manifesting from the copious amounts of debris.

It was obvious that the bustling vampire who was busy reprimanding the gaggle of newborns was their leader — or rather, was assisting their true leader. The five watched on as the newborns fed carelessly on the humans they found, adding to the already staggering death toll that many humans began to notice.

Talullah's nose shrivelled with distaste. "Look at them," she muttered, gesturing to a male newborn who had just pulled a screeching woman from the car, feeding on her mercilessly. "They're practically savages."

Demetri scoffed from beside her. "I remember when you used to behave like that," he said, and when she turned to hiss at him he simply gave her a cheeky smile. Demetri was always the first to poke fun at how Talullah behaved when she first came to them, partly because she was practically still a newborn herself in his much older eyes.

"At least I showcased a speck of decorum, nothing like these..." her sentence trailed off as more screams cried out through the night sky. Demetri's gaze focused back onto the rapid destruction below as the boy in charge of these new vampires disappeared into a nearby alleyway.

He was evidently the most unhappy with the scene before them. "They've already drawn too much attention," he started, as if he wasn't already stating the obvious. The Volturi imposed rules amongst all vampires, and one of which was an order to remain inconspicuous from humans. Whoever was truly responsible for this mayhem clearly didn't care, seeing as the humans were highly aware of what they thought were the acts of an active serial killer.

Felix hummed in agreeance. "And so has our inaction. Others may begin to question the Volturi's effectiveness," he said, expressing a genuine concern for how the vampires of the world might turn against the Volturi due to their lack of proper interference if they caught wind of this.

The blonde girl with the angelic face didn't turn to them as she kept her gaze on the newborns. "Let them," Jane shrugged, seemingly indifferent about the situation on their hands.

Felix clearly didn't like this answer, as he began pacing away from the group's spot near the ledge of the building they were perched on. "Maybe we should consult with Aro," he suggested. 

Jane shot Felix an unimpressed look as searing pain began radiating throughout his body. Talullah saw his massive frame drop to the ground, writhing silently as Jane stood over him. "Aro's decisions are being watched. We must decide."

Talullah had to agree, deciding on Aro's behalf was the safest way to ensure Alice Cullen, the clairvoyant that the young vampire met all those weeks ago, wouldn't see them coming. As Alec placed a hand on her shoulder, he urged her, "then decide, sister."

Jane approached the ledge once more, releasing Felix. Demetri ushered past Talullah to him up, all while Jane remained utterly uncaring of the agony she just caused within Felix. She then set her sights on their youngest member who posted a unique ability that would help them greatly. "After your... interaction with the Cullens and that human girl, I must know if I will be able to count on you."

In Aro's absence, it was clear to all that Jane was a natural-born leader and thus commanded the rest of the guard with ease. This was why Talullah instantly bowed her head, her black dress cloak swaying in the night wind as she nodded vehemently. "I will be of great service to you, Jane, you must know that."

Jane's lips shifted into a small smirk. "Very well," she said, watching her younger coven mate raise her head back up to make unwavering eye contact with her. "The clairvoyant will be unable to see past your apparitions, should you utilize your gift correctly. Get me information."

It was then that Talullah's duty here was clear; she would conjure a clone to use as a vessel as a means of obtaining intel on the situation at hand. In shifting her consciousness to the vessel, like she had done the day she was sent to monitor Edward in Volterra, she could remain undetected while she conducted thorough surveillance for Jane.

Being that Talullah was always eager to appease Jane and impress her, of course she agreed to the plan. Jane was satisfied, and all would fall into place, she simply had to get the pieces on her chessboard moving. "So, it is either we let them do what they were created for, or we end them," she stated matter-of-factly, and somehow her whimsical tone led Talullah to believe that the blonde already knew the correct answer.

"Decisions, decisions..."

.˚✧˚₊

[ wyn's note ]

AH! the arrival in seattle has happened, and it looks like the youngest volturi member is gonna be sticking around for a while! this girl will do anything to please jane and that's so real

but what will she do...? happy reading!

xx