Chapter 7

Julie took the tender form to Mr Kingston's office, once he re-checked and gave his approval, he asked "Miss July, Jones has been sent off for a business, can you just scan the form and forward it to this mail." "Definitely sir" After the on site visit and today's meeting,Julie is getting used to his intimidating aura. Basically he is not an arrogant person but people hesitate because he is The CEO of The Kingston Corp.

     "You can take that laptop" pointing to the side table in his office. "There is a scanner behind you".She took two extra copies of the tender form, typed the minutes of the meeting referring her notes and filed them with the label "Convention Centre Project, 2023".She asked, "Sir should I give this to Ms Jones, or to keep it in file cabinet?" He looked surprised, "File cabinet."I have took one more copy for finance department reference" "Good Miss July"

     " Mr. Kingston, with your permission I would like to clarify a few things,may I?"
"Go ahead." She started off hesitantly "Sir My name is Juliet and at times you have mispronounced it as July" "Oh! Alright, next?"said Henry.

     There was a knock on the door, his security officer, Mr. Ben, carried a bouquet and a goodies hamper. "Sir, this is from Miss Lisa Hudson" "okay, leave it here." he looked at the flowers with a light smile and turned  back to me, "yes, Miss Juliette" with a stress on the last syllable of my name.I smiled and continued "I sincerely apologise for doodling during the meeting, I have never been sluggish in a meeting and I promise I won't repeat it ever, it was so bad that just literally ate my head which eventually made me look out for you the next day to apologise for my behaviour and convey that I am happy working here, always proud of being recruited after internship. " Breath" "Sir, also working under Mr Smith is a privilege where he always look out for us like a father figure, gives us freedom to explore, learn and grow in our career. He is a great mentor."

     "Sir Actually I was sulking about this and annoying my friends so they took me to Hi-Roam as a diversion. Because pool is our favourite leisure activity. We never knew you would be there, that day in office I was planning to apologise either by putting a note on your car or come in person to clear the mess that I made, I have a great respect for you. I have never or ever will stalk you Mr.Kingston". Julie finally felt light as if a heavy burden has been lifted off her shoulders.

     "Done?" She doesn't want to take away anymore of his time, she just nodded her head. "but I guess you have something more" "Sir about the tender.." she paused. He was waiting for her to proceed, "Mr Kingston, I do not know if I can ask, but it's seriously bugging me, how is it possible with $650 million?" He was amused by this topic.

     "The credit goes to you, miss Juliet" " Sir, you are joking, I.. I mean sorry Mr Kingston" she suddenly realised whom she's talking with. "Actually that's the fact Ms Juliet, the charity ingredient you have proposed is a brilliant idea, there is a special clause for tenders where we can claim government funding for charity segments in a project,Well done" he extended his hand, my brain froze for a second, then slowly moved my hand to shake hands with 'The Boss' 'The Henry Kingston' my heart flutters like crazy for reasons, I don't know. But I felt like I have grown few inches in pride. His hand was warm and soft, this two seconds of handshake would stay in my mind rent free for life.

     "Also the construction materials we are procuring from our unit and some from our subsidiary companies. That's how we are going to execute this project within the budget, if we get this tender".I mouthed a wow listening to him.

     "Sir since Miss Jones is not here, do you want me to get you anything?" He thought for few seconds. "Mmm I have a virtual meeting shortly. Can you get me a cup of coffee?" "Sure sir" " Strong, black, half Sugar", I nodded and walked towards the pantry.The place was well-stocked. She switched on the coffee machine and gave inputs. Meanwhile, she took two slices of bread, put it on the toaster. She opened the small refrigerator and found lettuce, tomato and cream cheese. When the bread is ready, she made the sandwich with simple ingredients. Took out two bowls and filled them with nuts and cookies. Who knows what he eats with coffee. She expected that the meeting may last long so prepared him this little snack tray along with the coffee.

     The coffee aroma filled the room, she brought the tray to his table and placed it next to Miss Lisa's bouquet. He was pleasantly surprised like a kid looking at the candy shop. Considering the brightness in his eyes, it seems like he is hungry, but forgot to realise it amidst his tiring work schedule.

     "Mr Kingston, I did not know your food preferences, so I have made a simple sandwich and a few snacks with the coffee". Basically, the coffee drinkers have a customised ratio and never accept otherwise, So I was a little anxious when he came around, sipping his coffee. I was looking at his face for some reaction, "The coffee is good" I breathe out a relaxed sigh. Looking at the snack tray, he smiled, "Very thoughtful". "The Kingston recruitments never fails to pick the smart ones"  That brought the brightest smile in Julie's face. He shook hands with her one more time     today, Julie felt like flying.

     He walked to the file cabinet and picked the file that she has just placed. "Can I find a different doodle art today in this file too" She blushed in embarrassment, "Sir,I will never daydream or doodle in any meeting." I cannot say whether he was joking or giving me a warning, as I was looking down, I heard his laugh and gaped at him unabashedly. "You can take leave, Ms Juliet", "Good night Mr Kingston" She closed the door and left with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

Kindly comment & vote if you like this story

Spread Love
SaphyLaw