Dreams || Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Another's Dream

Kai's eyes slowly dragged open. He groaned as he slowly stood up, yet his limbs felt strangely stiff. Stretching his arm out and covering his mouth as he yawned and smacked his lips, he looked around to see himself in a seemingly infinite maroon space. "Welp, guess I'm in hell." he joked.

"But seriously, where..." He tried to see if he could hear, smell, or feel anything... yet nothing. "Where am I?!" He started to take a step forward, yet as his foot hit the 'ground', it started to sink. Kai quickly raised his foot back up. "Why is the floor trying to eat my feet? That's really not OK!" he yelled out. He looked around to see what other options he had. Sighing, he thought 'There's no point just standing here waiting for nothing, and there's no way I could step past that...'

 "Welp, looks like the ground is gonna have to eat my feet. Yayyy..." He stepped forward. His first foot started to sink into the goopy liquid floor. Some of it oozed into his boot, grossing him out. "Uhh, why?!" He put his second foot down and kept sinking. He instantly regretted doing that. The goop stuck his boots to his socks. "Oh Evenis, why did I do this why did I do this why did I do this why am I so impatient?!" he screamed out.

He couldn't get out. The goop was now up to his knees. Then his waste, then his neck. He panicked as he scolded himself for his pure stupidity and lack of patience. He inhaled as much air as he could, then held his breath as he went under the goop. He felt it stick to his hair and could no longer hold his breath. His body forced him to open his mouth. He did not appreciate his body doing that. The maroon liquid oozed into his mouth, leading to him starting to choke. Desperately trying to do anything to 'ungoop' himself, he felt his feet were free from the ooze.

He kicked around and tried to push himself down into freedom. His limbs felt even stiffer, and Kai could only assume it was due to the ooze. His hands were now free, and soon he completely fell out. Landing on his now sore back, he spat out all of the goop that got in his mouth. For some reason, it turned a dark, greyed purple. Maybe it was trying to trick something into thinking it was maroon? "No, that'd be stupid... me and my brain, always trying to theorise on stupid things..." Failing to stop the urge to mumble, "But hey, that's just a theory!" he started to actually take notice of his surroundings.

"Wait, where the hell am I now?!" He looked to his side to see a dark wooden floor, covered in a layer of dust. He looked back up to the roof and... there was a roof? 'How did I just... where did I... you know what, none of this is gonna make sense and I think I'm gonna have to accept that.' He cracked his neck, and all his other limbs, realistically, his entire body, and jumped up. Inspecting the room, he saw a desk tucked away in the corner, an average bed frame, a chair facing the corner and a window covered up by blinds. Kai sneezed as he found a door, presumably the exit to the room.

He turned the knob as the door opened to a hallway. A small drawer table under a mirror holding a pot plant and pen and paper for note writing laid opposite to just one of the closed dark wood doors with gold coated knobs. A long, simple frilly red and white rug laid sprawled out on the floor, covered in dust. The sound of something creaking shifted his view to the only open door in the hallway, as the one behind him slammed shut. It was only slightly agape, but it was inviting Kai to open it and come inside. He listened to its call.

He walked over and gripped the side of the door, then swung it open and walked through. A harsh, burning bright white light blinded him as he stepped through the doorway. His vision started to return to him, and faint orange and crimson shapes started to form. He rubbed his eyes and... "Oh, I'm ACTUALLY in hell!" Lava spat into the sky like geysers, some falling back down onto the hard, rough crimson ground scattered with fragments of pitch black stone. A great rumble echoed through the hellscape, shaking the already fractured and unsteady surface, and Kai to his core.