Chapter18

Shayad na kehe main tumko

Kahe bina lo tum shayad

Shayad mere mein tum ik din

Milo kahin pe ghum shayad

Jo tum na ho... hum nahin

Na kuch tum se tum se kam nahin

                                                  *******

Sinking into a rusty chair in the deserted corner of an old warehouse, my face was drawn with lines of confusion and fear. The dim light cast an eerie glow on the cold, damp surroundings from above. My sense of abduction settled, and I shivered in the unforgiving embrace of the unknown.

A stranger Lady who was a little older than me, the architect of this nightmare, surrounded me like a predator reveling in its grip. Desperation tightened my gaze, moving around to escape the tight grip of panic. Her voice, dripping with malice, cut through the ominous silence.

"So, Shivani, my dear, are you beginning to understand the gravity of your situation?" her  taunting words danced on the edge of evil as they continued their terrifying circle around me.

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" I stammered, my voice shaky, my eyes pleading for answers in the gloom of the warehouse.

Maya's wicked smile adorned her face like a mask of cruelty. "You don't really know me, how funny. I'm Maya, Reyansh's ex-girlfriend," she announced with poisonous satisfaction.

My eyes widened in shock. "Reyansh's ex-girlfriend? Why are you... what's all this about?" Questions poured out of me, each word carrying the weight of confusion.

Maya was reveling in the power she held in my chaotic world. "Oh, dear Shivani, Reyansh hasn't told you about me, has he? We had a lot of history. But, as you can see, he moved on and forgot to mention my little details."