The Editor Speaks- A Revision of Intent

I set out to cover only the short stories involving Murder, Mystery and Madness and realised that there were many many classics that had been forgotten to time!

The Mystery of the Yellow Room which follows is a classic murder mystery. I have only added the first three chapters of the book. It is an interesting unforgettable story that grips you from the get-go. No verbose prose it is short and to the point. 

It will remind you of Agatha Christie and Arthur Conan Doyle and for good reason!

This murder story inspired our darling Queen of Crime Agatha Christie herself! It's even mentioned by Poirot.

"And here is The Mystery of the Yellow Room. That - ah, that is really a classic! I approve of it from start to finish. Such a logical approach! There were criticisms of it, I remember, which said it was unfair. 

But it is not unfair, my dear Colin. No, no. Very nearly so, perhaps, but no not quite. There is the hair's breadth of difference. 

No. All through there is truth, concealed with a careful and cunning use of words. Everything should be clear at that supreme moment when the men meet at the angle of the three corridors." 

He laid it down reverently. "Definitely a masterpiece, and, I gather, almost forgotten nowadays."

                                                                                           - Hercule Poirot, The Clocks, 1963.

Eventually , I plan to make the entire novel available on my page here. Do read the extract and tell me how you find it.

 And so on we go!