Chapter Fifteen

Twenty guards. Ten armed and ten in their wolf form. But they weren't from our pack. They were different. The wolves even looked different. The colour of their fur was a mix of reddish-brown, grey, beige, and white.

But their attention wasn't on us. It was on something else. I turned to see large dire wolves growling at them and the guards from our pack were heavily armed with guns.

It looked like these unusual wolves provoked the dire wolves. Or did they think...

"Stop!" I shouted at my people. They saw Carter carrying Zade on his shoulder and growled louder. "I am your Luna and you will obey. Your Alpha has been shot with a wolfsbane tranquilizer." My voice was carried by the wind.

The dire wolves stepped down. "Please take Zade to the pack doctor. I'll deal with them." I turned to look at the unusual wolves but they were gone. It's like they vanished into thin air.

I shook my head and focused on Zade. "In that case we'll all go."

"Esra!" I heard Jackson call me.

"What happened? Who or what were those people?" I asked him.

"They claim to be another pack." Jackson said.

"Another pack?" I muttered to myself. "Alpha Frederic." I gasped.

"Yeah, the Alpha's name is Frederic. How'd you know?"

"Long story. I think it's better if I discuss it with Zade first." I turned to Zade who was still knocked out cold. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm gonna be honest. He's hilarious asleep." Jackson laughed. I chuckled at him and laughed.

"If you only hear the things he told me. He even started eating my apple pie." I said while laughing.

Jackson burst into tears. "He ate pie? Oh my god!" Jackson fell on the floor laughing. "He doesn't eat pie. Oh my god! I have to tell him when he wakes up."

"He doesn't eat pie?" I asked while still laughing.

Jackson wiped his tears and got up from the muddy grass. "He can't stand pie."

"Then I guess we should tell him." I chuckled.

"I doubt he'll listen. Anyway, we should get going." Jackson said. I nodded and followed him back to the pack house.

"I'm going to check on Maristela." I told Jackson when we entered the pack house.

"Who's Maristela?" Carroll asked.

"Uh..." I looked at Jackson then back at Carroll. "She's..." I sighed. "I'll explain later. You should come with me to see her."

"Oh, I would love to." Carroll said.

Carter appeared from one of the hallways and followed us to see Maristela.

They commented on how beautiful and amazing the pack house is. I couldn't agree more with them.

I knocked on Maristela's bedroom door and heard her cute voice answer. "Come in."

I opened the door slowly and peaked inside. "Esra!" She shouted and came to hug me.

I went on my knees so that I could give her the tightest hug ever. "Oh, I missed you."

"Where have you been?" She broke from the hug.

"I had to do something. Again." I chuckled. "Look." I gestured toward Carroll and Carter. "These are the people who took me in when I was in the human world."

"Nice to meet you." Maristela said shyly.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you too." Carroll gave Maristela a tight hug and a kiss on her cheek. "You're so pretty."