『Chapter 4 - Done Deal』

Despite the seriousness of the conversation to some, I couldn't help but remember the events of yesterday.

"So, Kiyotaka, what else do you know?" The source of the question was none other than the crimson-eyed companion beside me on the public seat. The platinum strands of her hair gracefully swirled in response to the passing breeze, seemingly coaxing the secrets from my knowledge.

She was Fuuka Kiryuuin. A student who studied overseas and came back to Japan to enrol in this 'special' school. According to my observations, Fuuka was a person who didn't care about which class she was in. She gave me the impression that she didn't need the school's help, since with her abilities, she could enter any university she wanted. It was not yet clear if that was true or not, but I did not doubt that she was an excellent student even with this school's criteria. Her being previously in Class A was enough to prove the latter.

"I know that we won't get 100,000 points," I answered.

"We both know that was unnecessary," she said.

"I know that only Class A will receive the 100% application guarantee."

"Do I have to repeat what I'd just said again?"

"I also know that—"

"If you are going to say something stupid, I will punch you." She raised her hand in a threatening manner. It appeared that I had succeeded; my attempts had finally worked. It annoyed her that I stated the obvious, and I found it enjoyable to play her game, too.

"I know that there are four classes each year." The moment I finished my sentence, a supersonic fist drew its way toward my stomach. I easily caught it, which startled her somewhat.

"You have caused me a lot of trouble in such a short time. I'd say you deserve at least that much," I remarked as I held her delicate, yet strong fist in my hand.

"I knew you were fast, but this is something else," she murmured to herself. It was not hard to imagine how she came to that conclusion after she witnessed how quickly I escaped her during our first interaction. She must have thought that I was trying to run.

"To answer your question, I knew almost everything when I looked at your year."

The order of the classes was different. It meant that they could overtake each other. And because of the nature of this school, it wasn't hard to guess why they would allow that. The methods of doing so were still unclear, but it wasn't hard to guess that they had a point system just like private points did. The term 'private' also meant that there existed at least another kind of points that weren't owned by individuals.

"The number of expelled students also said a lot." Over 30 expulsions, that was by no means a small number. And it wasn't a random coincidence, either. Even if students would be expelled if they failed a certain test, that couldn't explain everything. It was probably because of another reason; like a special kind of exams that didn't focus only on academics. It was reasonable to think that the winning rewards of such exams influenced the rankings as well.

"As expected, you truly are an interesting person. I can't imagine doing that, on the first school day no less. Even Horikita Manabu pales in comparison. I can't wait to say that in front of Tachibana." She laughed. For her to compare him to me, meant that he was exceptional even among his peers. I couldn't wait to see it for myself.