Chapter 35

I wrote an extra-long chapter for my lovely readers because I made you all wait extra-long

Enjoy 

________________________________

Levi was livid.

He did not allow himself to think any further on the topic as he walked to Erwin's office. A full day had passed since he laid eyes on Gaia. He had not bothered going back to their room, beating the hell out of anyone who tried to talk to him made the task of staying awake all night even easier than it was. A tough reality of what he had to face no matter how much he tried, was that  Gaia comforted him enough to sleep. He could rarely sleep for more than an hour a night before he had met her, but since her presence came into his life, sleeping came as easy as breathing to him.

It tried to make it matter a lot less to him in his head, as he tried to ignore the fact that it felt as if a titan was taking hold of both his arms and pulling them in separate directions, tearing him apart at his chest. He had touched his chest multiple times to check if he had not somehow injured himself. No blood. No bone sticking out. Physical pain, he could handle any day, he had built a tolerance for it, but this... It almost hurt to breathe, it made little to no sense to him. 

He knew what it was, but he refused to acknowledge that what he might be feeling is: Heartbreak...

_____________

Levi sat in shock as he listened to the scout's battle report. The fact that he was busy having fights and essentially been experiencing a teenage emotional crisis, so much had transpired with the scouts. The titan's full-out battle and Eren's ability to fight against them. He bested Reiner, the armored titan, but was then overpowered when Betholdt, the colossal titan fell on them both. Furthermore, Eren and Ymir were kidnapped thereafter and were also revealed to be a titan as well. Christa was ready to abandon the survey corps to follow her and Eren discovered a new aspect of his power after being saved by Mikasa...The new power being able to command titans...

Levi said wide-eyed as the messenger finished the report, his eyes skimming over the formal reports in front of him. His form was clearly rigid from shock.

"Will that be all?" Levi asked almost sarcastically, the disbelief apparent in his voice, despite the official documents being in front of him,

----------------------

"What the hell has your panties in a knot?" Jean asked the girl next to him, sitting on a crate with crossed legs, 

"Wouldn't you like to know," Gaia said sarcastically, ignoring everyone's odd glances at her grumpy and distant behaviour.

"We left her alone with Levi for too long, she is behaving just like him," Connie, whispered to Sasha, Gaia ended up hissing at the two,

"What the hell? Are we hissing now?" Jean asked rhetorically, clearly disturbed by her reaction, 

"Hmm, you have a point," Hanji said, walking into the room where the scouts had all been sitting, Levi followed her in shortly after,

"Was she just eavesdropping?" Eren asked, narrowing his eyes,

"Perhaps we have left her alone with Levi for too long, he probably took advantage of their alone time," Hanji said making her way to Gaia putting an arm around her and grabbing her face with her other hand, squeezing her cheeks together making her pout,

"Look at the poor thing," Hanji said, cooing at Gaia, who was frowning at the gesture but did not fight her,

"Dark bags under her little eyes, that wanton beast barely let her get any sleep," Hanji concluded with an amused smirk as she watched an irritated tick form on Levi's forehead and Gaia, sighed and rolled her eyes. The rest of the scouts blushed, only noticing her fatigue once Hanji pointed it out.