𝐢𝐢𝐢. keeping secrets

Skill is earned through hard work & a lot of the times, trial and error.

That sentence is especially true for a 12 year old kid by the name of Percy Jackson. Elena didn't want to be quick to judge him, but she was already judging before she could try to stop herself. Maybe archery just wasn't his strong suit, because while El was teaching the morning archery lesson, Luke and Percy had shown up unbeknownst to her.

"We're testing out his skills. Mind if we butt-in real quick?" Luke smiled, a real charming one so Elena wouldn't beat him up for interrupting her class.

"You're already here." She titled her head and widened her eyes to signify she was a little annoyed. If it was anyone else but Luke, she would've told them to get lost. He was one lucky guy.

"Thank you." He said quietly and turned around find Percy. "Hey! Come here, Elena's gonna show you how it's done."

Percy trotted over to the two older teens and stood by them. "Hi, I'm Percy." He put out his hand to shake.

Elena's first thoughts were that he was small, extremely blonde, and definitely had his work cut out for him. But she noticed the intense determination in his eyes, she liked that part.

"Elena." She smiled as she introduced herself, turning the handshake. "Grab a bow and I'll show you the ropes."

Percy didn't hesitate to follow orders, turning and walking towards the stand that housed all the equipment. He struggled to get on the quiver over his back, but with help from Luke he was able too.

"She seems cool." Percy told Luke while he was adjusting the leather straps of the quiver.

"Elena? Yeah, she's best. Daughter of Athena. Smartest girl I know." Luke was staring at her in the distance with hearts in his eyes.

"You got a crush on her?" Percy kinda regretted making that joke, it felt to soon, he wasn't that close to Luke. He had a bad habit of saying anything he was thinking.

However, Luke didn't seem to mind. "Close, she's my girlfriend." He handed Percy a bow and walked back over to the archery stations.

Elena shot a few arrows—some on fire—hitting the yellow center circle everytime without fail, as Percy watched. Hopefully, so he could attempt to do the same.

"Your turn." Elena stated with a smile. "Remember to plant your feet, it's important." She told Percy once more to insure he understood.

"I wanna be very clear about this, I've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous." He warned Elena, Luke, and every other camper around him.

"And you never killed a Minotaur before either, 'til you did." Luke's arms were crossed as he reassured the boy.

Percy stood straight infront of the target and pulled an arrow out of the quiver, getting ready to take the shot. The girl next to him held out a lighter as a suggestion that maybe he wanted to try with the arrow lite with flames.

"I wouldn't." He said to her, shaking his head.

Elena truly did have faith in the boy, but when he pulled back the arrow, she saw his foot was off and his hand was pulling back at an angle slightly higher than it should be. He was screwed. Percy released the arrow and flung himself backwards, hitting the ground while the arrow flew away.

All the campers within shooting range shrieked and fell to the ground to avoid the cross fire.

"Should I try again?" Percy looked to Elena and Luke.

In unison all the campers shouted. "No!"

El walked over to help him off the ground, extending her hand out.