We found Ratigan's lair, almost died, and smiled for the camera.

{Ratigan's lair}

{Florence's POV.}

After a long time of climbing through the pipes, Basil lifts up a drainage grate to discover what he'd been seeking out for years: Ratigan's lair. "Ah-ha, Dawson, Florence! We found it! Ratigan's secret lair!" He climbs out and holds the grate open for me and Dawson, he keeps talking, "And it's filthier than I imagined.."

We slowly creep over to the entrance, I get somewhat uncomfortable as we spot what seems to be Olivia, curled up in a bottle and asleep, her back is turned to us. I don't think that's Olivia, though, but that must have just been me.. Right?

"Dawson.. The bottle!" Basil says as we carefully sneak over to the bottle. Basil jumps on the neck of the bottle and tugs at the cork as I walk around to the other side, "It's stuck!" Dawson gently knocks on the bottle, "Olivia?" I gasp as Fidget turns to Basil and Dawson and makes a kissy face.

I hear the thugs shout, "Surprise!!" Basil drops to the ground, startled, as a large banner that reads "Welcome Basil" unfurls from the ceiling. Balloons are released and confetti flies as Ratigan's thugs clap and cheer mockingly for us, Basil in particular. Ratigan stands at the doorway, applauding.

"Bravo! Bravo! A marvellous performance." He chuckles as he moves to Basil, who is glaring at the rat in front of us with hatred. That ugly cretin pulls out his pocket watch. "Though frankly, I expected you fifteen minutes earlier." He insults Basil in a passive aggressive manner, using a mocking tone, "Trouble with the chemistry set, old boy?"

I watch Basil stiffen at insult, but he quickly recovers and takes on an almost friendly tone, "Ratigan, no one can have a higher opinion of you than I have." Then, he snaps at him, "And I think you're a slimy, contemptible sewer rat!"

Ratigan stares at him for a moment, he keeps looking at him as he shuts his pocket watch. He chuckles. "By the way, Basil. I just love your disguise." His expression is one of anger and contempt as he tears off Basil's fake moustache. His thugs laugh as Ratigan inspects Basil's hat. All I felt in that moment was rage.. Ratigan's voice snapped me back to attention, "Really, one would hardly recognise you. The greatest.." he nudges Basil and starts stifling his laughter, "Detective.." he's leaning against him now, "...in all Mousedom!" He laughs heartily as he walks away, Basil is seething, "Ratigan, so help me.. I'll see you behind bars yet!!"

Ratigan gets in his face, it took everything in me not to push him away, "You fool! Isn't it clear to you?!" He lifts up Basil by collar and shakes him with one hand to demonstrate his power, "The superior mind has triumphed!" He drops Basil, "I've won!!" Him and his ugly little thugs start laughing at Basil's expense. He tries to steel himself against their jeering and pointing. But, as anyone else would in a situation like this one, he slumps, defeated and broken.

...Dawson may not know how to help, but I do. I wanted to yell at Ratigan, but I knew that this wouldn't help anyone whatsoever. So, instead, I walked over to Basil and held his hand in mine. I didn't want to do anything but that, and I knew he didn't have the energy nor was he in the mood to do anything else.

Basil hangs his head as the cruel laughing continues, I squeeze his hand reassuringly as Ratigan clutches his sides in glee, "Oh, I love it!" He keeps laughing, "Oh, I love it, I love it, I love it!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawson is tied to a chair next to a mouse trap, me and Basil are both in a mouse trap together and some of Ratigan's thugs are setting the trap. Ratigan decided to open his mouth, "You don't know what a delightful dilemma it was trying to decide on the most appropriate method for your demise."