pharmacological blockade

"President Zhou, hello!"

He Zhiyong quickly stood up and greeted the old man. The person in front of him was the dean of the School of Biomanufacturing! He hadn't expected him to come in person!

President Zhou Deqian nodded with a smile and then shifted his gaze to the blackboard behind the lectern, where he was immediately captivated by the content.

The first half of the blackboard explained the mechanisms of how the HIV virus damages the human body, providing a comprehensive analysis of various reasons, explanations, and case studies. President Zhou Deqian's eyes lit up at the rigorous and thorough explanation.

If this student had truly self-taught, it would be a godsend for countless patients with incurable diseases!

Especially the last part about the medication for benign mutations of the CCR5 gene, along with the steps of the chemical reactions, made his eyes shine even brighter.

Regardless of what this medication was, at least the foundational content was sound!

This medication might actually be effective!"Enough said, I'm taking this student under my wing!" President Zhou Deqian's gaze softened as he looked at He Zhiyong.

"Is it He Zhiyong?" He nodded in confirmation. President Zhou Deqian continued with a friendly smile, "Interested in joining our lab? You're a sophomore, right? Going through the routine in school is a waste of time! If your medication proves effective, I'll help you apply for a direct master's or Ph.D., along with the corresponding patents. As long as you come to our department!"

He Zhiyong was momentarily stunned, wondering if this was a show of genuine interest in nurturing talent.

"Hey, hey, hey? Old Zhou, what are you doing?" Hearing President Zhou Deqian's words, Hao Yuan suddenly became anxious. Was he trying to poach someone right in front of him?

President Zhou Deqian ignored Hao Yuan's words, bypassing him, and continued with a cheerful smile, "Young man, I see you have a deep understanding of pathology and pharmaceuticals. Is it self-taught?"

He Zhiyong affirmed with a nod. When faced with the decisive response, President Zhou Deqian raised an eyebrow.

Self-taught? This was truly a rare talent!

He quickly suppressed his excitement, adopting a calm tone. "It's impressive to self-learn to this extent! However, the subsequent experimental data lacks support. How about this, come to my lab, and I'll take care of those experimental details for you."

He Zhiyong looked at President Zhou Deqian, who was squinting, and couldn't help but smile. Did he think He Zhiyong was an uninformed sophomore? If the data wasn't the result of countless trial and error experiments from his past life, he might have been fooled by President Zhou Deqian.

However, as a sophomore who understood human nature, He Zhiyong decided it was best not to reveal everything. It wouldn't be good to reject the face President Zhou Deqian was giving him!

Drawing on the acting skills he learned in his previous life's career, he revealed an appropriate hint of perplexity in his eyes. "President Zhou, how about... you tell me about the results of the experiments?"

President Zhou Deqian was slightly taken aback. He hadn't expected this young man to resist his persuasion. He thought the young man would gladly accept his invitation according to the routine.

"Old Zhou! This student is from our Biochemistry department!" Hao Yuan, standing beside them, was infuriated. Zhou Deqian's shamelessness left him speechless, so he reiterated his position.