FAQs

>> If the story was published before but taken down for editing, can I join the challenge to help me stay consistent with re-uploading and editing/re-writing?

This is not a contest, it's a challenge, so if you want to use this as motivation to make major edits and re-upload, then you are welcome to do that. We do frown upon the idea of simply unpublishing and re-uploading chapters (without actually writing something new) to reach a milestone because this will not help you make progress on your writing journey. But rewrites and major edits are a good enough reason to join the challenge.

>> I don't want to enter the main event, but I want to participate on the message board and support the writers. Can I do that?

You can definitely do that. If you don't have an ongoing story right now, you can cheer on those who do have a WIP.

>> How will you determine the word count? Will you use Google/Word or Wattpad word counts?

We will go by the word count shown on Wattpad.

>> The word counts differ a lot on the various platforms; how will you manage things if it shows 30k+ on my end but not yours?

We operate in good faith. If you said you did a certain amount of words, we would accept it's the truth as long as the numbers on our end don't deviate by more than 100 words under what you claimed.

>> Does it matter how many new chapters I add during the 30 Days?

No, it doesn't.

>> What is better: fewer long chapters or many shorter chapters?

Again, this remains your choice, but remember this is Wattpad, so do keep a webnovel style in mind.

>> Does my story have to be complete after the 30 days?

No, it doesn't. But if you can complete it, then kudos!

>>I have Chapters published already. Can I unpublish them and then start publishing in the next 30 days?

We advise you not to. You need five chapters to be considered for the challenge, during the 30 days, you can decide to edit those chapters and include new chapters according to your own pace.

>> What happens if my story is almost done and I complete it with you, but there isn't room to reach the 30k milestone?

Then you let us know, and we celebrate your achievement! Like a birthday party, but for your story ♥ You will then get a special book birthday gift from us instead of the milestone sticker =)

Please let us know what else might be helpful to you in the comment section.